Monday, July 24, 2006

All is well :-)

Was sat around day dreaming this morning when I glanced at the calender and realsised that Joseph was due at his speech therapy session in half an hour! I knew it was due at some point, but had forgotten that it was this morning. No harm done though. We got there on time and he did everything that was asked of him and more. I'm very proud of his improvements. We now have the "J" sound to work on over the summer, but don't need to be seen until the end of September :-)

Kids have spent lots of time in the garden once again, lots of insect collecting, followed by reading up on their finds. I meanwhile took Callums nap time as an opportunity to sort out my craft bits. I have got to make a cradle egg card for someone who is expecting twin girls, so I have cut and strengthened the egg ready, and sorted out the necessary trimmings. I'm just waiting for Callum to go to bed (it is now 9.25pm and no sign of that occuring any time soon) so that I can paint it and start it's decoration.

I had a lovely phone call from my mum this evening. She was calling from Dover, where they are awaiting the ferry. She said that Dad had just gone off for a shower so she thought she would call her "lovely daughter" !!!??? Yes, I did ask how many she had had lol. She promised me that she was just on her second glass of wine and both had been watered down with lemonade lol. Anyway, it was just fantastic to talk to her without her asking to be passed on to the children, or being made to feel guilty for something.

5 comments:

  1. Mums can do the strangest things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mums certainly can. Glad you and her are getting along
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mums certainly can. Glad you and her are getting along
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that Joe got on well :-)

    I have no doubt that this card will be another stunning one. Sounds as if you're starting to get a few nice orders now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the card sound interesting - be nice to see a pic of it :)

    awwww that was nice of your mum !

    ReplyDelete