Sunday, August 20, 2006

Playing Catch-Up...

Phew, we have been so busy the past few days, or at least it feels it. If we haven't been packing and sorting, we have been visiting houses on behalf of my brother. He is building up quite the little property empire and is always on the look our for more investment opportunities.

We have packed a large part of what we need to. I believe that contracts are being exchanged on Monday, and that the vendor is moving out on the 31st August, meaning that we will probably be able to get the keys some time that day. The girls haven't seen it yet and are very excited. I can't wait to show dh the house as well as he hasn't seen it either! I just hope he is still talking to me afterwards *grin*.

School wise, we are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things once the move is out of the way. One of the first topics that the children are looking forward to looking at is the Civil War, so that will give us something to get our teeth into. There is a little bit of local-ish history regarding the Civil War, so I'm looking forward to getting out and about for a field trip or two. I can't wait to feel as if we are actually *doing something* regarding schooling. One of the first things we will be doing is paying a visit to the local library (currently threatened with closure!) to acquaint ourselves and find out the librarians views on Home-Education. I have missed being organised and felt as if we have wasted a great deal of time. Having our own "school room" will be bliss, no more worrying about clearing up the table ready for dinner, nor having dh interrupt our session as he makes a cup of tea.

Craft-wise, I have caught up with all the orders now, and have packed up all of my non-essential craft items. I have cleared out a lot of stuff, putting a huge craft lot on Ebay which sold for £35 with Buy It Now. I was very pleased to get it out of the way. I have got a Rubber Stamping lot on Ebay at the moment, currently with one bid at £19.99 with 10 people watching it. It will be good to get that out of the way too, and I'll have a bit of extra money to buy more egg-craft stuff so I can make other items. The feedback I've received from people buying my cards has been fantastic, I can't wait to get in the craft room and get started on more.





No comments:

Post a Comment