Monday, August 21, 2006

Well...

Not a bad day today, not a bad day at all. Chelsea made a great start on her Henry VIII lapbook project, so much so that it is rapidly developing into a Tudor project as her enthusiasm grows. So lovely to be able to just leave her to get on with things, I find it incredible that this was totally child-led and entirely her decision to sit down and do work. I have mentioned the W word for a fair few weeks now, not since the house move was on the horizon.

I love this picture she did:


so I thought I would share it with you all :0)

Other than that, Chelsea helped me with dinner tonight (a rather yummy cottage pie), Joseph did EXCELLENT reading, and Tiegan showed off her newly learnt French skills, so all in all it feels a positive child-led, wonderful day :-)

I have managed to sell my rubber stamps for £45.00 on Ebay thanks to some rather frantic last minute bidding war going on, so I'm smiling. With that and the box of cardmaking stuff I sold the other day, I have made over £85.00!!! I advertised our swing set and slide on the local freecycle and the slide was snapped up within minutes, the swing has a few interested parties, just waiting for confirmation that someone wants it and can dismantle and collect.

All in all a positive day that has left me smiling, let's hope tomorrow does the same...

4 comments:

  1. We're coming to the end of our Tudors project and the kids have enjoyed learning about "Hen" as they started to call him. I'll show them the wonderful drawing - they'll love it. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to Chelsea - that's a great picture :-)

    Sounds as if all is going well...just wait until they get stuck into doing work in their HE room.
    Hope the packing is coming along nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thrilled to hear things going so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag, you're it! Please answer the following questions on your blog and then tag 5 others...thanks!
    Ann

    ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:

    ONE BOOK THAT YOU’VE READ MORE THAN ONCE:

    TWO BOOKS YOU’D WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND:

    ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH:

    ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY:

    ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN:

    ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN:

    ONE BOOK THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING:

    ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ:

    FIVE PEOPLE YOU TAG:

    ReplyDelete