Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hi honey, I'm home!

The move is now complete, and internet connection is resumed. Yay!

It's great to be back online again, it's amazing how much it's been missed. I haven't missed the general browsing and time-wasting stuff, but the ability to find out info or being able to email people instead of phoning (even more so as we have had to use mobiles as we have no phone line yet).

Anyway, we are still in absolute chaos. The house is a real mess, and the dirt and disgusting items we have found whilst cleaning beggars belief. We have painted the 3 bedrooms though and are really happy with the results, it is lovely to know they have been thoroughly cleaned and are looking like new again. Still no curtains though! Money is incredibly short so they will have to wait.

We have loads of boxes to unpack, but hope to tackle a great deal of those of those today when the wardrobes finally go up. We are then moving on to the landing and downstairs. I can't wait to finally get back to normality (whatever that is) when we can walk around the place without yelling at each other to watch the paintwork. I am so looking forward to gettng on with our home-educating, I'm amazed at how much I have missed that involvement with the children. One good thing though is that Joseph has read an enormous amount since we have been here so maybe he has finally kindled the love of books I have been trying to nurture for so long.


8 comments:

  1. Glad you are settling in well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the move in is going well and is not too stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So glad you are finally in. I remember finding all sorts of things behind the kitchen cupboards of our last house.. euk! Good to have you back on line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds excellent, Jules!

    Can I come and visit sometime? I'm bored! You can put me to good use I'm sure ;)

    I have some spare curtains kicking around, if they'd be any good you can have them - depends if you'd rather wait and choose some that actually match though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful :-)
    I bet it's beginning to look really nice and that you're making it 'yours'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all is going well for you all. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for you kind comments :-) I'm looking forward to getting back to normal blogging!

    ReplyDelete