Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy children equals

a very happy mummy

We have had a great day. My first visit to the local post office was pure bliss in comparison to what I used to go through to post a parcel. The walk is wonderfully easy, and the distance wonderfully short
No need to queue for half an hour before being served, instead it was straight up to the counter and done and dusted within 2 minutes. Great.

Bought some scrummy lunch, before heading for home to await our house guests for the day. Had a wonderful day of chatting and catching up with a family we hadn't seen for over 6 months!!! How did that happen then?
I can't describe just how lovely it was to see them all again, and have baby cuddles Chelsea and Joseph adored seeing their friends again, particularly Chelsea. I'm certainly not going to let the time fly so quickly before seeing them again. Besides the children would never forgive me if I did. The nagging for another visit has started already

The house seemed amazingly quiet when they had all gone, but after arranging the beautiful flowers our guests had so kindly given us (
guys, it was a lovely thought and very much appreciated), I hurriedly did dinner so Joseph could eat before his first Cub Scout meeting.

Joseph was so excited about going. He said that he was really looking forward to it, but was nervous as well. I was slightly worried what his reaction to it would be considering it is the first thing he has attended on his own, without his sister or friends for moral support. I am so proud of him!!!
He took it all completely in his stride. He was completely at ease with the whole thing and when I returned to collect him he was having a ball. He is desperate to go next week so I'm hoping we have found something he can participate in on his own just as Chelsea has in Girl Guiding.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful visit and getting baby cuddles too! :-D

    So pleased that Joseph enjoyed the scouts and coped with a new environment so well.

    It sounds like a great day all round. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're all having fun. Love the smileys by the way! Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great day!

    First time I've read your blog with the sound on... this is my all time favourite worship song now. It was a delightful blessing to hear it this evening - thank you (http://fivehomeedinkent.blogspot.com/2006/05/blessed-be-name-of-lord.html)

    ReplyDelete