Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hurray!!

I can't tell you how happy I am today. Yesterday was awful. Truly horrid. I felt so ill. Worse than I think I have felt for a long, long, long time.

I was suffering with "just" a cold, but it really knocked me out. Of course, it was also the Film Education showing of Ice Age 2 which I didn't want to miss. I dragged myself out of bed, got the children ready, and we were waiting for the bus by 9am. Yuk, waiting for that bus was the last thing I wanted to be doing at that moment.

I managed to sit through around an hour of the film before Callum started getting restless and I felt too ill to deal with him, so we walked out. Credit must be given to Chelsea and Joseph at this point, they were wonderful and not in the slightest bit bothered about missing the rest of the film. They just wanted to make sure that I was okay. The bus journey home was horrid, it felt as if we stopped at every bus-stop and even the traffic lights seemed against us, with red lights everytime. Callum was in a really bad tempered mood, and nothing I could do helped change that.

Finally got home and dh sent me to bed, where I spent the next 2 hours desperately trying to sleep but feeling too ill to actually do so.

I was so very relieved to wake up this morning feeling better, suffering from a headache, but still so much better! We nipped out to WHSmiths to buy Lemony Snickets Book 13 (half price until Saturday at £3.49) and then on to Tesco's which has had a new floor added and thus a Travelator which we just *had* to have a play on. Great fun ;-) Picked Callum up a pair of trousers, 2 tops, and a cardigan for £11.00 from their expanded clothes range. I think I'm going to like it :-) Came home and cooked my first ever homemade soup. Okay, so it was only Leek and Potato, but it was bloomin' scrummy and had full approval from all family members (apart from Joe who never approves of anything). Even Callum was asking for more with his cute little "Here Yar" when his mouth was empty.

Our laminate flooring is now complete! Well, apart from one little bit of trim that needs adding, but I won't ponder on that. The difference is amazing, definitely worth the inconvenience.

In other news, my brother has agreed to buy Joseph's Cub Scout uniform, and Chelsea's Guide uniform, so that expense has been taken from our already poor hands :-) Now we just have to find the £57 for the termly subscription.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better, hope you are 100% soon. We have atravelator in our tesco which ours all love to ride on ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear you weren't well, glad you are doing better now. the soup sounds yummy, I have a really easy recipe for butternut squash soup which I can pass on if you like. It is dead easy and very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, must go to wHS for that book tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete