Monday, October 16, 2006

Is the grass greener?

We went to watch "Over the Hedge" today, courtesy of Film Education . The kids seemed to enjoy it. Tiegan got a little bit restless towards the end, but she had other things on her mind. She knew that she was getting dropped off at my parents house after the film as they are going to Birmingham tomorrow and taking her with them. What will I do without my little precious angel until Saturday? Still, she is very excited and I know she will have a great time.

The weekend has been a bit difficult family wise. I found out some not very nice things and need to work hard on sorting the situation out. With that on my mind and Callum suffering from a Cold and not sleeping, I'm feeling pretty drained at the moment.

Am really hoping to get back into the swing of things Home-Ed wise this week though. We have a free day tomorrow, then we are off to watch another film on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are free, so I'm planning on filling up our free days with a few planned activities. I find that the children are a lot happier when they have things to fill their time. They bicker less, and even sleep better, so I need to make the effort to plan more. No excuses now.

Last night I started knitting Callum a hooded cardigan for winter. I am determined to get this one finished. I get so inspired by the blogs of creative peeps that I read, I really must make more of an effort to finish what I start. I get bored so easily, and frustrated because things never "grow" quick enough for my liking. I'm the same with my cross-stitch. I'm sure if I put my mind to it my knitting speed will increase, I just need to practise. You will have to keep nagging at me to finish this cardigan, and maybe I will :-)

2 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) for the horrible family stuff, hope it doesnt caue you too much anguish. I am the same with knitting etc, i just dont have the patience.

    ReplyDelete