Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More like this please...

We were all up late this morning, so we were fighting a losing battle to fit everything in. We took Kira to the park straight after breakfast, and let her off the lead. She behaved brilliantly, but then we were the only ones there (it was raining) so she had no distractions.

On our return, the children wrote out their diary entry for yesterday (I'm trying to get them to do this daily to help handwriting practice. I can really tell when we have been lacking in written stuff as the handwriting suffers badly.)



We then moved on to numeracy work, just simple addition revision. All of them worked hard and I was really pleased with their efforts. Chelsea finished first, and so she started on a Maths CD-Rom using the laptop. She did a bit of work on symmetry, shapes, and money matters.

I went to the shop with Tiegan leaving the older two to continue. I needed to buy a few bits and pieces for Chelsea's birthday tomorrow. I returned home to find Chelsea still enjoying her time on the laptop, and Joseph looking at a Pirate crafts book deciding which items to make.

Joseph has spent much of the afternoon sitting with me and deciding on which cub badges he would like to have a go at getting. I've promised Chelsea I'll go through her badge file with her later so she can do the same.

All in all it has felt like a lovely easy day, with plenty of educational stuff going on. I hope we have many more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chelsea!

    11 - does that make you feel old Jules? ;)

    Hope you all have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chelsea and Happy Birth Day to you Jules :)

    ReplyDelete