Friday, October 05, 2007

Still here :o)

Just as the routine was coming together we had a bit of a problem with the tenants next door to us trying to "do a runner". Now the property isn't mine, but it does belong to my brother so I am responsible for it in a way. My brother works abroad, 1 month on and 1 month off, so I tend to have a lot of things to do on his behalf, and keeping an eye on his tenants is one of them. These people have really let him down, and it was so unnecessary. They lied straight to my face when I asked if they were leaving, and spinned some yarn about massive clear outs and car boot sales. Hmmm, yes, like I would believe that one....*rolls eyes*

So, there has been lots of dealings with solicitors and my brother. It's still ongoing, but we have been promised that the house will be cleared today so we can start cleaning it and advertising for new tenants. Let's see if the skip arrives *sigh*. I don't think I will ever understand people. How can people treat others so badly, particularly those that have helped them so much? The rent they owe is another story...

Anyway, put it down to experience and move on.

What else have we been up to? Well, we have had friends visit and have visited friends. Those were my favourite days of the past couple of weeks. I am so lucky having friends I can really have a good natter and a chat with, friends which I feel completely at ease with, and friends who are there, good or bad.

Other than that, we have been doing schoolwork, looking after the animals, and enjoying the bright days with long dog walks and nature study rambles.

We have still got the stray rabbit, and have been unable to find it's owner. It doesn't seem as if the owner really wishes to be found actually as we have seen no lost posters up anywhere, nor have they been in touch with any local rescues or vets as we have registered our details with them. I'm still not sure if we will keep it or not, as having another rabbit really wasn't "in our plan" so to speak. We were planning on allowing the animals to live out their lives with us, and not replace them. I would one day love to breed budgies(on a very small scale), but at the moment, with all of our other (much loved) pets, it isn't really very something I think I have the time for. The kids have shown an interest in it though, and we have talked about various aspects including responsibilities as a breeder, methods, and genetics. It's something I have wanted to do for many years, maybe one day when we aren't already a zoo :o)

Well, I must go and start tidying up the garden next door ready for prospective tenants viewing. Ho hum. I wonder if the kids fancy a gardening lesson?

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're okay Jules, I was beginning to get a little concerned...

    I can't believe your neighbours - what a blinking cheek they have!!! Hope your brother gets some much better tenants this time.

    Shame about the rabbit too, we have one already or I'd offer him a home here. Perhaps the owner let him out on purpose, doesn't bear thinking about really does it?

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really annoying when people do that to landlords, makes it difficult for genuine people to get in anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is ok, I was wondering how you were.

    What cheek your neighbours had! Some people are so blatant in their disregard.
    I hope you get better tenants next time.
    C
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind me popping this here. i hope you'll feedback what you think .
    Because we have an adult blogring - I've just made Young Peoples Home Ed Blogring
    if you visit http://youngpeopleshomeedblogring.blogspot.com/ you will find the links box for our younger ones to join in with a ring for them :)
    The blogring can also be found on www.ourlearningtogether.com

    dawniy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. (the previous blog ring thing didn’t work.) Hope you don’t mind us popping in to let you know we’ve now succeeded in making an easy to use blog ring where our young people of any age can keep in touch with each other.
    Our Space Blogring
    We will need a permission email from a parent for anyone who is under the age of 14. This Blogring will not be advertised outside of our blogging community.
    Only Lana and dawniy can add blogs to this ring and will be checking our younger people are safe.
    Please visit us at http://ourspaceblogring.blogspot.com for details of how to join and our email address.
    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:47 pm

    Hi Jules, what a great sister you are. Its a shame when things turn out like that,seems like some people couldn't give a monkies,which makes a good link to my next comment, how many animals!!?
    Sianne.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck finding new tenants.

    ReplyDelete