Thursday, December 13, 2007

Time is Racing

There's not long to go before the big day, and I feel as if time is just racing by. I'm enjoying it though, and I am trying to ensure that we take time out to soak up the festive spirit so our Christmas isn't lost in a wealth of birthday celebrations.

So what has been going on in our little corner of the world?

Well for starters, there has been great excitement in Tiegan's corner, with the news that she can finally begin Rainbows in January.



We put her name down on the waiting list for the local group when Chelsea first started Guides, and we have had regular "When am I going to Rainbows?" pleads ever since. A couple of days ago, the long awaited letter dropped through our door, and the pleading ended but the daily countdown began :o) Tiegan is a little sweetheart, with a gorgeous smile and an infectious giggle. Her latest thing to amuse is a wonderful Catherine Tate impression, "Does this face look bovered?" Along with Joseph, she does a brilliant little sketch that has me in stitches :o)

Joseph is a very happy bunny at the moment, as he finished the term at Cub-Scouts with the highest number of inspection points.




This meant he came home this week with a medal around his neck, a much looked at and admired medal at that. He was also bursting with the news that he is going to be a Seconder when he returns in January. I am proud of his efforts, and he has overcome much to get to where he is now. I have noticed a real change in him this year, he has grown up immensely and now settles happily and confidently into whatever is asked of him.

Chelsea is working hard with her schoolwork, working alone through a Biology textbook, and still enjoying writing her poems. She has gained my real love of animals, and that makes our relationship all the more precious.





I feel as though we are firm friends, not just mother and daughter, and I love our cuddles and chats on the sofa when the others are in bed. She is a wonderful helper, always willing to help out with dinner, or check and feed the animals, and I fully appreciate all that she does for our family.

Callum is still the little darling as ever.





He brightens up the darkest day, and never ceases to make me smile with his antics. He adores all things Thomas the Tank, and has an obsession with In the Night Garden. His speech is coming along wonderfully, and I never tire of listening to him chattering away to all who will listen, with eager expectation of gaining a response. He has a definite sense of what he wants and doesn't want, and makes sure that everyone is aware of such. He is caring, affectionate, generous (to a point that I have never seen in a child before. The dog often gets the largest portion of his sweets...), and extremely loveable.

Kira hasn't been herself over the past week or so, and as such has been resting. Aha, anyone that has ever tried to rest a Springer Spaniel will know what amusement it can bring. Now she is back to full health again, we have been building up her exercise level gradually, and today we felt she was ready to start our usual long-walk routine.

We went to the local woods and had the most wonderful time. It was great having all the family together, and the dog looking so happy again. Here are a few pictures (too many, but I was playing with my camera).





























I have been thinking about where we are at, schoolwork wise, and what I want to be doing next year. I've decided to relax a little and not be so hard on myself making the usual plans and lists that I rarely manage to stick to, and then inevitably get angry at my own failure.

I've decided that Monday, Saturday, and Sundays (dh's at home days) will be our Family Days. I have planned out some things I want to do on such days, some for fun, some with a more educational aspect, and I think the relaxed approach will be more do able.

On Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, we will be more "work" orientated, with a definite aim to do Maths, Reading, and Project work. Our projects tend to be cross-curricular, so there is no need for me to be anymore specific than that. We will see how things progress, and if I feel we are lacking in any area, we can adjust as necessary.

3 comments:

  1. OMG where do I start?

    Love the new header, it soooo cute! Probably the best yet.

    Those photographs are just brilliant, you've obviously found your way around the camera. Really looking forward to some 'lessons' in photography from you soon, lol!

    The love you feel for your children shines through in this post Jules, its lovely to read as well as look at all the photos. Great stuff!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, bless you. Such a nice comment, thank you!

    Not sure about giving you "lessons" though, but it might be fun to get together and see how the pictures turn out lol. I'm still learning how to use the camera, so many settings to get used to, so many mistakes to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the header too :0)

    Nice photoa and nice post :0)

    ReplyDelete