Friday, January 11, 2008

Groan

I have been feeling absolutely dreadful all day. I have spent much of it on the sofa asleep I'm afraid. I did venture upstairs and nearly fell back down again when my legs gave way and I missed my footing, and I almost passed out whilst making a cup of tea. With sickness and a headache thrown in, along with using a loo roll full of tissue, I've not felt at all good.

I am happy to report that I am feeling a whole lot better now though, so I think my laziness throughout the day has paid off. I confess I have hated it though, and kept thinking about all of the jobs that needed doing, such as room clearing and cage cleaning. Hopefully those jobs can take place tomorrow.

The kids were pretty good this morning, and didn't really take too much advantage of my unfit state. They went off to the school room to do a bit of schoolwork, and both made a start on their projects. Chelsea is doing the Human Body, and Joseph is doing sealife. They looked things up on the internet and did a couple of pages of writing each. Joseph did illustrations to go with his and I was quite amazed at the improvement in his drawings. He has never been interested in drawing (unlike Chelsea) and we have only just got passed the stickman stage! Today he drew a crab and a rather nice fish, I was pretty impressed with his effort. All done without my supervising too :o) The kids have each read to me, and Chelsea has had computer time.

I will be very glad to be back on my feet again though (tomorrow please) and back to a normal routine.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been so unwell but glad you were a bit better last night.

    Well done to the kids for getting on, I'm not sure mine would have done that and they are older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit late with this so hopefully you are feeling better by now. There is nothing worse than being under the weather but having so much to do.

    Well done those children for getting on with stuff. My children are still working on that one ;)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. very impressed by the children getting on with work, mime would'nt, lol!

    Hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete