Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Over the moon (or rainbow?)

I had a cage cleaning day today, and managed to do all 7 (4 hutches, 3 rat cages). I had cleaned the birds out yesterday. The weather was remarkably mild, and it was really pleasant being outside.

Dear Tiegan had her first experience of Rainbows tonight, and she absolutely loved it. I'm glad it lived up to her (high) expectations, and she is looking forward to going again next week (we are having a daily countdown of course).

The children were impeccably behaved throughout the day, in total contrast to their (best forgotten) behaviour yesterday. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Schoolwork and reading got done without any looks of despair, and there was none of the usual bickering and arguing sessions that seem to have filled the household constantly recently. Bliss.

Dinner consisted of Leek and Potato soup, made in the crock pot for the first time. Goodness, tonight I realised just how big the pot is! I have a very large saucepan that I use for making soups, and after dishing out all portions, we hardly had any leftovers. There is still half a pot full of soup left over from dinner tonight. I was very good and made some yummy bread to go with it. **Read as, threw some ingredients into the breadmaker and hoped for the best**, the bread was quickly devoured by little mouths, Joe's inparticular. I should really make more of an effort to use the breadmaker more often, there is nothing quite as nice as the smell of freshly baked bread filling the home.

5 comments:

  1. Glad Teigan enjoyed rainbows :0)
    Iuse my bread most days, I really need to make an effort with my crockpot. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she enjoyed it so much. Laughed at the counting the days down, that's exactly what the boys have been like about scouts, lol!

    Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe Tiegan's old enough for Rainbows! Nice to catch up and see how happy you all seem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming to view my slow cooker/crockpot as an essential HE piece of equipment! Great for those HE outing days, when I can stumble in the door at dinner time, worn out, and think "great, I don't have to make dinner"!

    as for the breadmaker, as a gluten free household, that's another essential!

    sounds a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Tiegan loves rainbows!

    Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to think that I need to invest in both a crockpot and a breadmaker.

    ReplyDelete