Friday, January 25, 2008

Sad news and knit wits.

The sad news came in the form of finding out what happened to cause such a disturbance yesterday. Sadly an 85 year old gentleman was involved in a motor cycling accident and he lost his life. My thoughts and prayers are with all concerned.

Other than that, today has been another good one. Schoolwork went well and to plan this morning, meaning the afternoon was free for, well, whatever. I went through all my knitting stuff, found a huge amount of wool stash that I'm embarrassed to admit to, and sorted out all my needles, patterns, and other bits and pieces. Much of my knitting gear came to me from my mother-in-law when she passed away, and I have always thought that I must keep it in use or find it a new worthy home. I'm absolutely determined that 2008 is going to be a year for **FINISHING WHAT GETS STARTED** and I will keep posting my projects on here so you can all nag me about them.

Due to my sort out, the girls both gained a renewed interest in knitting, so this is what the sofa looked like for much of the afternoon (in between trampolining in the garden)...


Tiegan took it straight away, whilst it seems Chelsea will take a little more time to be proficient. No doubt it will come though, she has the determination to succeed in anything she puts her mind to.
In between keeping a watchful eye on them, I did these simple bits and pieces:
A pair of baby booties, which Tiegan has claimed for her Baby Chou Chou doll...



A few tiny booties suitable for cardmaking or scrapbooking etc,


and I've made a start on a cropped jumper for Tiegan, this is the back so far...



Eventually it will be long-sleeved, and have picot-edging. Or that's the plan.

We haven't got much planned for the weekend, other than rushing around going to the places that will be awkward to reach without a car. We are going to have to be car-less for **enter random figure here** as the MOT expires on Monday and there is no way we can find the money to get everything done on it before then. Still, by making use of all the online services available now, and the occasional bus ride, we will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear that the accident was a fatality :(

    Love the knitting though.
    C
    x

    ReplyDelete