Saturday, March 08, 2008

Bugs

We are all feeling a little worse for wear, having being affected by some sort of bug or other. Myself, dh, Tiegan and Callum seem to be the worst hit, with Chelsea and Joseph showing few symptoms.

This has meant a scaled down week for us somewhat. Lots of documentary watching and cuddles under blankets. Chelsea has been a wonderful Florence Nightingale and pampered us all.

It was horribly disappointing to have to miss out on a home-ed trip on Friday. It had been specially arranged and planned for a long time. I was eager to take the children as it's not somewhere freely open. The house is usually only open to the public on the infrequent heritage days. Still, nothing could be done about it.

We are still without a car, although my brothers girlfriend has lent us hers. I can't drive it as I'm not insured to, and we can't all fit in it anyway as it is a 5 seater, but it's the thought that counts. Dh is enjoying being able to get out and about anyway.

Tiegan is still thoroughly enjoying Rainbows. She has got her full uniform now and her first badge has been sewn in place. Joseph is working towards his first aid badge at Cubs, and also towards his Global Education one (I *think* that's what it's called, I may be wrong and am too lazy to check). He wrote a page about America to read out to the rest of the group this week, which seems to have gone down well. He is thoroughly enjoying his Seconder role, although it seems as though he is more often being Sixer as the usual Sixer is hardly there. Still, he sees it as practice for when his sixer leaves at Easter.

Chelsea is enjoying Scouts too. They went bowling and played Quaser last night. She came back beaming so I presume she had a good time. Next week they are holding an Easter Egg Hunt, and last week they did a bit about Medieval cooking, so it's all go.

I'm still plodding along making my cards. I am hoping to become a Freelance designer one day, working for craft magazines, but I don't know if I have set my sights too high. I'm also looking into what I need to do to run classes and start teaching cardmaking and crafting, so that's exciting (for me).

Five years of home-ed has seen an awful lot of great stuff, and sadly an awful lot of horrid heartbreaking stuff too. I wouldn't change our life for the world, and I'm going to make sure that 2008 is a great year for us whatever gets thrown at us.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have all been unwell again Jules. Hope you are soon better.

    Glad to hear the children are all enjoying their various clubs too.

    I admire you for being so strong in the face of all that has been thrown at you. I'm personally very glad that I walked away from the HE group scene but am proud of you for sticking with it all. You are a good person and better than all the crud, so shoulders back, chin up and carry on the way you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been feeling ill, I hope you all feel better soon, what a star Chelsea is. :)

    I second Linda, sticking at home ed groups can be tough after a bad experience- It was enough to put us off totally, Well done you! And may this be a much kinder year for you.
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya , not popped in for a while and sorry your are all full of bugs. Big hugs and admiration for your determination xx

    ReplyDelete