Saturday, June 28, 2008

{Friday - Paignton and Prince Caspian}

We had a bit of a lazy morning. I think we were all beginning to suffer from our out and about week, although it has been very much enjoyed by all. After a bit of discussion, it was decided that we would head off to Paignton for a little window shopping and a family visit to the Cinema. Do you know that Lee and I have been married for almost 13 years and it was only our 2nd trip to the cinema together?!

We went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was thoroughly enjoyed by all but the youngest, who was much happier crawling under the seats and scoffing his face with popcorn. Fortunately there were only 3 family groups in the cinema, all well spread out, so no disturbance was caused. All in all it was a good film, although a little too long.

Sadly the day was somewhat spoilt on our return home, when I was suddenly hit by a feeling of sickness, headache, stomach pains, and general yuck! I still managed to cook dinner though (aren't us mums fab?!), before settling down on the sofa to try to sleep it off. I couldn't and felt progressively worse, so at 8pm I shuffled all the children off to bed and shortly followed them. I feel back to 100% now thank goodness, it wasn't a time I would like to repeat any time soon.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better.

    We're looking forward to seeing the latest Narnia too.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad youre feeling better. We still haevnet seen that movie. Tink thinks it will be scary. I think I'll just take Peter to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd Birthday to Callum!!!
    I can't believe how quickly he's got to this age!!!
    Big hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:25 pm

    Hi Jules,

    I'd just like to say how great I think your photographs are. You have a real talent there.

    Diane
    (EO list)

    ReplyDelete
  5. waving :-)
    I am still here, just quieter, life's knocked my stuffing a bit .
    I love all your pictures too, could i ask what camera are you using? I'm having a new one soon and i'm just collecting ideas/advice :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jules,

    I have a new blog hope you will visit!

    Lots of love to you and your precious brood.
    Blessings,
    Sianne.xx
    Ps it's on the ring called, real life life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbleled across your blog via Tilda challenge... I notced you're homeschooling, so I became interested. We plan on starting homeschooling too this coming fall - I have some photos of our classroom in my blog. I hadn't even thought of looking for people who blog about schooling... :D I haven't read too much in your blog yet, but will be back later! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael and I are possibly going to beat your record--8 years and we've never gone to the Cinema! And as my two kids can barely watch Mary Poppins--it'll be years!

    Glad the migrane passed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missing you. Hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete