Monday, June 16, 2008

{Thing of the Past?}

I am really hoping that this scene:


that has been greeting me each day for far too long, is now a thing of the past. After a quick test drive this evening, it seems as if my wonderful daddy and fabulous husband have sorted our car out once and for all! I am sooooo pleased. We have mobility again, although a very poorly bank account :o( Just a shame all of the local garages have run out of petrol!

In other news, the children and I have had a pretty good day. After my bargain book arriving this morning, we promptly went outside for a reading session on the trampoline. We read the first two chapters of Our Island Story. I bought mine from Browns-Books (have I said it was just a penny?!?!) and was very happy with the condition it arrived in (quick delivery too!)

We then went inside and the children illustrated what they had heard.


The children then went their seperate ways for a little while. Tiegan went off to read and play in her room, Joseph went outside to help the men with the car, and Chelsea started writing a Narnia-style story. Callum played with his cars, had a play-picnic, a bit of trampoline jumping, drawing, and lots of chatting with mummy.


Tiegan went to Rainbows this evening. She is still enjoying her time there very much, and seems to have fitted in very well. Today's session was filled with group games and the making of a swirly hanger.


After dinner the children gathered together at the table and started discussing the story that Chelsea had been writing. They brainstormed ideas, and came up with some interesting concepts. Suddenly the idea of it being made into a film was mentioned, and they set about thinking of what the characters would look like, who would play what role, what special effects they would use, etc etc. Fascinating stuff in all honesty, it all sounded very exciting. They are now going to work on the story together. I'm quite looking forward to reading the final edit :o)

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I found your blog from Our Fairy Tale Life. Here's a great site I've found that you may enjoy.

    http://freeclassicaudiobooks.com/page2.htm

    Many of the authors are British so I hear their voices when I read your blog! I see they have Our Island Story there. I'll have to download that one next.

    I have two boys that I homeschool. They are 11 and 13. I also have a newly adopted daughter that I blog about. The boys don't like me to blog much about them.

    You have a lovely family.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I am excited about seeing their movie. How wonderful and what a wonderful education you are giving your brood.

    We homeschool too. I think I read your in England(?) -which is my favorite place! We are here in Connecticut, it has been 2 years since our last holiday in England and with our current adoption, looks like we will have to wait a bit before we visit again.

    So nice to meet you!

    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your children's pictures!
    Chelsea's story sounds fantastic too;-)
    Sal

    ReplyDelete