Monday, April 20, 2009

{All Change - New "School" Room}

We've had a busy but very fruitful day today, one of those days when you can sit back and reflect and think we did ok :o)
The morning started with a quick visit to the library. The children came home with a variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction, whilst I chose one book about the history of our village. I have a plan that we will put together a children's guide to our village. If successful, I would like to run off a few copies and give them to our library, I know that the children would like the idea of others enjoying their efforts. Anyway, we returned home and the children all immediately opened their books and started reading - so I left them to it and decided to potter about and tidy up our "school" area. Why is it, that my "tidy up" always leads to a huge mega rearrange and sort out?
I have moved our "school room" back to the back room - and it now looks like this...
View from the Doorway








I wish my window had overlooked palm trees when I was at school...


To see the photos with explanation notes added, you can visit the set on flickr here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/classroomfree/sets/72157617003593175/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia! I'm so glad to have found your home educating blog again - the link to it disappeared from your signature and I thought you'd stopped writing it. I don't have children, but if I did, I'd love to home educate them (would impress my parents (not!) - they were both teachers!), and I find what you write totally inspirational.

    I have to ask - where do you craft now?? This looks like your craft room....

    Becki
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia just been reading your blog and having a good catch up, so lovely to see the kids enjoying the home ed and the new school room looks fantastic i am sure they will all enjoy working in such a nice bright room with a fab view.

    The caterpillars made me go yuck at first, but such a fantastic thing for them to watch and understand the cycle as well.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artwork on your walls.

    ReplyDelete