Monday, February 08, 2010

New group is going well...(and vegetable lasagne)

Today we had the second meeting of our new home-education group.  This time it was at our friends house, also in the village, so easy for us to walk to :o)  There were 14 children there, aged from 2 to 14.  The day passed without incident, it was all very relaxed and very enjoyable.  Lego was played with, Playmobil explored, cakes devoured, Playstation games enjoyed, the Trampoline exhausted - you get the idea.  Before we left our house we baked cakes to take with us, and (am I allowed to say this?) they tasted pretty nice.  I enjoyed them anyway and the tins brought home were empty :o) 
 
Next time the group will be at my house again - I can't wait :)  I love having the house filled with children, it really brings life to the place.  Judging on the feedback I've received so far - we may well have in excess of 20 children for the next meeting, I'm so glad the group numbers are rising and not dwindling :o)
 
A few people on Facebook have asked for my Vegetable Lasagne recipe.  It was rather scrummy, so I shall share...
 
I used (to feed 6 of us - and there was a piece spare):
 
3 Courgettes, 1 Aubergine, 1 orange Pepper, 1 yellow Pepper, Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, Handful of Mushrooms, 1 tin of Kidney Beans, a couple of Celery Sticks,  small tin of sweetcorn, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, seasoning to suit taste, lasagne sheets, white sauce, grated cheese for topping. (You can use whatever veg you have to hand - just throw it all in and experiment.  I would usually add an onion or garlic - but we are treading carefully with the two "finicky eaters", and as they state an extreem dislike of onions I'm not pushing them).
 
I chopped the Courgette, Aubergine, Peppers, Mushrooms, and Celery into pieces, and placed in a roasting dish with a little oil, in the oven for around 40 minutes.  Once roasted, I spooned this veg into a pan containing the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.  Mixed together thoroughly, then start layering Lasagne style.  I double the white sauce so I have layers of the Veg sauce, lasagne sheets, white sauce, veg sauce, lasagne sheets, white sauce then top it off with the grated cheese.
 
Another 30 - 40 minutes in the oven and job done:)  We served it with freshly baked bread and salad, mmmmmmmm!
 

2 comments:

  1. So glad your group is going well - I'm thinking of starting a new one... nerves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds reallllly good! I will try the lasagna!

    I am so amazed by how things are going. So blessed to have the (lovely!!) home-ed groups nearby. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete