Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ooooh, we could be neighbours!

The house next door to ours is up for rent again, I believe it will be available at the end of next month.  3 bedrooms, kitchen/diner, conservatory, nice large garden, plenty of off-road parking (when I say plenty, I mean plenty - space for at least 6 cars), huge shed with electric - great for school room/craft room/workshop.  Plus a potting shed, and a greenhouse, plus underhouse storage.
Easy-going landlord (my brother!  Just please pay the rent *sigh* )  Wonderful neighbours of course *grin*.  Regular very welcoming home-ed group within walking distance (alternate weeks at my house and another house in the village).  Lots of home-edders in the surrounding areas.
The village has got a small Co-op, a couple of petrol stations with shops, church, a few pubs, post office, newsagents, scouts and brownie groups, knitting shop, large park with cricket and football teams and playground attached.  Chinese Takeaway/fish and chip shop and a few hairdressers.  The village is surrounded by country lanes, and the house itself is on the bus route for easy access to Newton Abbot, Exeter, or Torquay.
Beaches 15 minutes drive one way, then fabulous Dartmoor 15 minutes drive the other way.
It's the perfect location for anyone with a dog as the surrounding walks are just beautiful.   Also within easy driving of Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Plymouth, Totnes, Exeter, and Newton Abbot.   Bristol is about one and a half hour drive away for those that need an Ikea ;o)
Am I selling it well?
Rent is in the region of £850 pcm (need to double check that).  Get in touch if you wish to know further details, it would be lovely to swell the number of home-edders in the village to 3 families...

You can see pictures of the village and surrounding areas in one of my facebook albums here.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like heaven! I wish i could move there and i love the countryside but i dont think my husband would like it, he is more the city type. I am dreaming of farming while he dreams of business!
    I hope you find someone who home edds as well.
    Now i am dreaming!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow it sounds heaven.. and a lass who grew up on the moors in Yorkshire...Dartmoor is just my cup of tea lol.

    Sigh.. alas, tis not possible.

    Joxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please (I wish!) - we've been wanting to live Devon/Dartmoor way forever now and it sounds like a dream. My 3 HE'd children here would love it! ... Hope you get some nice HEing neighbours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only! I need 4 beds tho. Devon sounds great to live, plus with HE as well. Hope you get some nice neighbours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo ooo ooo!!! We have just started HE and live in Bath; now we are not dependent on catchment areas, we're technically free to go wherever..We have 3 kids, 11, 7 and 2. And one on the way! I would love to be part of an HE community and in such a beautiful area too..
    Only trouble is, need to know about work really; husband is self employed carpenter/joiner. The house sounds amazing though! Or am I dreaming??!!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i really really would love to, but if only we could afford :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you want me to put it on my blog? Some nice Dutch homeschooling neighbours? ;))))

    ReplyDelete