Friday, March 05, 2010

Oh dear...

It's all gone a bit pear-shaped in the P household today.  3 poorly children and a mum that still hasn't completely shaken off her sniffles.  I feel absolutely fine - but my voice keeps disappearing and I feel so drained.  I had a snooze on the sofa this actually - actually, does it count as a snooze if it was for 2 hours??!! *blush*

So, pretty much a day to forget really.  I did bake more bread though (finding all that kneading kinda therapeutic).  Chelsea did more baking and computer stuff, Joseph slept, Tiegan sniffled and sneezed and read under a blanket, and Callum gave me lots of hugs and played on the Playstation.  Not exactly a day to go down as a wonderful example of home-ed *shrug*.

I did pop out over to Torquay first thing though and picked up a new dress for Tiegan to cheer her up (she loves dresses - the prettier and girlier the better - and yes, she climbs trees in them.  I also got Joe a great looking Warrior book.  I'll find a link to it tomorrow as Joe has taken it to bed and I don't want to disturb.

I sat and did the meal-planning for the week and shopped online at Asda with a delivery slot for tomorrow.   This weeks menu is as follows (just for those of you who are nosy enough to care *grin*.  Useful for my own record too as I do tend to lose the bit of paper I write it on quite often...).

Saturday - Vegetable Lasagne with Salad (our current fave it has to be said.  Callum loves it because it has Aubergines in it and he recognises them from Cooking Mamma on the DS).

Sunday - Traditional chops and veg, with yorkshire puddings or my children won't forgive me :o)

Monday - Leek and Potato Soup (to which I add courgettes, baby corn, and whatever other vegetables need using up.  I cook mine in the Slow Cooker, easy and delicious).  Served with homemade crusty rolls.

Tuesday - Tuna Pasta with Salad.  Tuna mixed with whatever else is to hand.  Pasta (obviously!), sweetcorn, peas, red kidney beans, broccoli florets, orange pepper - you get the idea. I add whatever I have and whatever will add colour :)  Lovely with melted cheese on top.

Wednesday -  Chilli and Jacket Potatoes.  Again the Slow Cooker is used for the Chilli, yum!

Thursday - Homemade Pizza, Chips and Salad.  This will be my first attempt at making pizza dough, so wish me luck.

Friday - Chicken in White Wine Sauce (cheating this week and using Homepride tins for the sauce *blush*), served with rice.

Saturday - Corned Beef Hash (or something similar...)  I partly boil the potatoes, then fry them in a little butter.  Add the Corn Beef and heat through.  In a seperate pan I heat Baked Beans, and then mix all together.  It's nice comfort food, but can look yuck ;o)

I had planned on doing so much today, but actually got around doing so little.  I have to keep reminding myself that sometimes things have to "give" and life doesn't stick to our plans.  I am hoping tomorrow will be more fruitful...

Before I go I wanted to share this video that I viewed today.  Thought-provoking tinged with a little sadness of the truthfulness of it all....

"A eye-opening reflection on how we view children and how we teach children in our current education system."

4 comments:

  1. oooo i love that video :-) im nosey i like seeing what your having :-) we are trying bread and pizzas over the weekend so fingers crossed lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely video.
    I do hope you're all feeling better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful video...really makes you think!

    I hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on a minute !!

    You had sick kids BUT you still baked bread ?

    I am feeling very inadequate now LOL, I need the entire solar system aligned just perfectly to manage baking of bread with aid of bread making machine thingie.

    Sick kid puts frozen pizza in jeopardy, let alone proper home cooked delights.

    I want your secret superpower too !!

    LOL

    Sarah, British home educating mum of a min Italian nationalist in deepest, darkest Lomellina.

    ReplyDelete