Friday, May 21, 2010

All smiles, great full-on beaming smiles...

I have had a wonderful day.  Actually, WE have had a wonderful day.

I had to go to an appointment this morning, and it went wonderfully well, much better than I had hoped for and far better than expected. 

That made me smile.

I came home to find that dh had gone for a job interview.  For those that don't know the history, my husband was dismissed from his job (he had held for 8 years or so with an impeccable record) a year and a half ago.  I can't pretend that this didn't knock us for six.  Finances plummeted into a nightmare, and it took a great deal of energy and commitment to keep on swimming along happily.  Anyway, that's all in the past now.  Today, my wonderful husband, went along for an interview and got offered the job there and then.  Oh I could have danced.  It will mean a lot of changes - I'll have to get used to not having a chauffeur for a start!  It will also mean planning when I need the car as I'll have to take him to work on those days.  Oh but by 'eck, to nail the past firmly in it's dark and nasty coffin will make any inconvenience well and truly worth it.

The new job sounds perfect.  And, best of all, they are willing to be flexible with working hours to enable dh to continue with his NVQ Plumbing course which starts in September. 

That made me smile.

Then, shortly after this news was shared, Chelsea went to check her emails.  To her great surprise, she has won a competition.  To enter she had to write two book reviews.  The prize was to gain at least one free book a month to review on a blog.  The blog is written by a teenage fiction author - and it get's better.  The said author lives in our town (not our village, the town which our village comes under).  She has invited Chelsea along to a book club that she runs, so of course Chels is buzzing about knowing a real-live published author *grin*.  Oh happy days. It's lovely to see children so excited and passionate about life isn't it?

That made me smile.

I spoke to my parents (now living in Spain) on Skype this evening.  They are both looking so very very well, so happy, so healthy, so tanned!!! 

That made me smile.

Life makes me smile.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lee!!
    And congratulations Chelsea!

    I can imagine you were very happy, Julia!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post :-)

    And congrats to your DH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling with you and for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you have so much to smile about Jules, you deserve it x

    It's so good when life turns out well after a sad period isn't it? I think we appreciate the good far more for having been through the bad if that makes any sense...

    Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day! Thanks for reminding us of the many things throughout our days that can make us smile. Congratulations to your hubby and Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - that post just made me smile! so has your new profile pic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the postcard, Julia. We will certainly write to you. We home educate too. Love your blog!
    Tricia in Australia.

    ReplyDelete