Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is it bedtime yet?

What a wonderful day we have had, but boy, am I aching!!  After my morning/afternoon update earlier, I just wanted to curl up on the sofa and fall asleep - I really was that tired after our earlier shenanigans in the woods.  I fought against it though, and decided to mow the lawns.  My first ever time.  At 34 years of age I'd never used a lawn mower before today - is that shocking?  Dad always saw to the lawn as I was growing up, then husband stepped up to the job when we got together, so there's never been a need for me to interfere.  Now that husband is working normal Monday - Friday hours, I want to try to help doing a few of 'his' home tasks.  Mowing the lawn is something that takes a long time, and I don't want his weekends to be filled with time-consuming jobs, I want him to be able to relax and spend time with his children (and me if he wants to! *grin*) So I was brave (it was scary!) and gave it a go.
Proof!
1st time using a lawn mower *grin*

Whilst I was busy playing domestic goddess, the children continued to decorate the cupcakes. Once I'd finished the lawns, I came inside to join in the fun. The end results - created by all age ranges - 4, 8, 12, 14, and 34 :o)

cupcakes

Chelsea made it clear that she isn't too old to lick the bowl...

Never too old ...

Chelsea has gone off to write her review of the book she got sent. Before she did though, she gave me a hug and said how much she had enjoyed today. I have too actually.

Happy children, happy husband, happy me.

5 comments:

  1. Great pic of Chelsea!

    Can;t believe you've never mowed the grass before Jules, lol! Hope you enjoyed it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of your cupcakes!

    I've never seen a lawn mower like that one, it looks a bit like a vacuum/hoover to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I did enjoy it Lima! :)

    MaryAnne - it's supposed to be easy to use, but I hated it. Husband uses a bigger and better one, but that's too heavy for me. I've got 2 others I can try, so I shall give them ago and see which I like best. The handle on this one is horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those gorgeous cupcakes!

    We received your postcard today. It's wonderful to hop onto your blog and see who you are! We love checking the mail at our house, so getting mail is very exciting! I'm going to take some time to peruse your blog now!


    http://easystayathomefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you save one of those delicious cakes for me, LOL!!

    Thanks for your reply on the forum,our visit takes place on the 17th and locally there are mixed reviews regarding this LEA adviser. I'm sure it will be ok but will be glad when she's been and gone.

    Hope you have a restful week end
    San x

    ReplyDelete