Monday, December 13, 2010

Meal Planning Monday...

I plan meals week to week.  I'm trying to be really organised and plan monthly, but that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe that will be my resolution for 2011 - maybe it won't.

Anyway, I get my food delivered on a Tuesday as midweek days are cheaper for delivery costs (I book a £3.50 time slot).  I find that by buying online I keep to a list, I don't get tempted by scrumptious looking goodies and the wafting yummy scrummy bakery smells can't get to me!

I plan from Wednesday to Tuesday...

Wednesday - Macaroni with Stilton and Cauliflour (sourced from the December Asda Magazine!)

Thursday - Bacon Cakes with Baked Beans.

Friday - Lamb and Lentil Stew.

Saturday - We are treating ourselves to a Takeaway this week.

Sunday - Vegetable Crumble.

Monday - Cottage Pie.

Tuesday - Vegetable Omelette with Jacket Potatoes.

5 comments:

  1. bacon cakes....do tell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, vegetable crumble sounds good, could add that to my repertoire! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same process goes on here:-) I have been going to the shop for the last couple of weeks but want to get back into the habit of ordering online after Xmas - for all the reasons you mentioned! Far too easy to be seduced into buying more than you need.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, I just read your 'about me' profile and your 'my thoughts' and if I didn't know better, it could have been me who'd written it.

    Now I'm not saying we are virtual twins, but we're pretty close to being.

    I have so many thoughts to some of your questions regarding a lot of non-home eders, here's one thought, a person who sees someone else doing something different to them and most of society, causes them to think or feel that the other person must be doing something that's either weird, wrong or illegal.

    Some people just don't like individuality and haven't realised we have freedom of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHHHHHHHHHH Bacon cakes sound devine!x

    ReplyDelete