Friday, December 24, 2010

Update on WIlkinsons "Toy" -

If you missed the first part of the tale regarding Scorpion rights, visit here: Letter to Wilkinsons.  Here are two replies I have received since sending my letter on 22nd December.  On 23rd December I received this communication from the store (details removed to protect privacy).



Dear Julia

Thank you for your recent email and for giving me the opportunity to investigate your concerns regarding the sale of 0296184 POCKET PROS in our stores.

I was extremely sorry to learn of your discomfort and would thank you for giving us the opportunity to investigate this matter and your courtesy in allowing us to try and clarify the issues raised.

I  have passed your valuable feedback on to the Buyer responsible for this particular range and will be back in touch with you as soon as I receive a response.

If you would like to speak to me in the meantime please do not hesitate to call me on *********.

Thank you for your patience whilst I complete my investigations.

Regards

*******

Then this morning I received this...

Dear Julia

Further to our recent communications.

As a family retailer priding itself on its customer service, we very much welcome feedback from our customers.   We value comments about our products and services and continuously endeavour to further improve our quality and service wherever possible.

As you are aware I raised your concerns directly with our buying department and I can now advise that following further evaluation of the product the decision has been taken to remove all stock from sale as soon as possible. Your feed back has been very important in contributing to this decision, thank you.

Please be assured that the recall will be actioned as soon as physically possible upon conclusion of the festive period, at this time we shall also formulate a further response to you.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to allow us to address your concerns. I hope this action will go some way towards reassuring you of our commitment to family values and excellent customer service.

Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.

Regards

*******

See, it IS worth taking the time to contact such places with your complaints and concerns, sometimes - just sometimes, they DO listen :)
Thanks for the support guys xxx

5 comments:

  1. Go Julia!!! That's what I call amazing - awesome response and just think how many scorpions you saved! :)
    Mind you, the original letter was so eloquently written that I can't imagine how they COULD have ignored it...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - and I do hope you'll follow up to them complimenting them on speed of such an appropriate response.

    Oh, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have to say Wilkinson have just gone up massively in my estimation.

    How wonderful. I'm so pleased they took your concerns so seriously and are withdrawing the toys.

    Well done, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i really loved your letter Julia - you go girl tell them how it is ! very well put together! How nice that they have acted on it so well , we almost come to expect being fobbed off don't we so it's good they took you seriously. I'm amazed anyone thought of the horrible idea in the first place !
    i notice in their response to you they do say they'll recall the item
    "upon conclusion of the festive period" - after they've sold a fair few of them ! they don't want to miss the chance of all the sales over Christmas then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:56 pm

    Well Done!

    As a vegan family we are against all animal cruelty, so I am pleased that you have stood up for the rights of these creatures. It is a step towards making our world cruelty free. Animals are equaly as important as us and should have as many rights as we do - what makes us superior?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete