Monday, February 14, 2011

Home-Ed Group Monday...

It was that time again.  That time when no matter what time I get up in the morning, no matter what time the kids roll out of their beds, no matter how organised I try to be - we end up rushing madly amongst cries of  "We're gonna be late!"

As it happened we arrived at the beautiful Stover Park for our local home-ed group meet with 10 minutes to spare.  The weather was glorious, a little bit chilly for some, but the sun was watching over us and it definitely felt as if Spring was in the air.  There were 7 families this week, totalling 21 adults and children.  Not the biggest of turn-outs, but lovely company all the same. Sadly I didn't take my big, much loved (too much) camera.  I just took my little compact, so forgive the photos if they are not the same quality as you lot are used to :)

We started off walking through the woods, towards the lake.


The large lake is home to many.  Some of the group fed the ducks, and consequently the gulls too.




We walked over the lovely tree top bridge.  Callum loved the "puzzles" (even though we have done them many many times)...




We stood and admired the wildlife...

 

and loved the labels hanging from the trees...


Who could not fall in love with a place like this...?


Some of us got a little weary along the way and needed to rest - or were just plain lazy - you decide ;)



The weather was very kind to us, with only a swift hail shower whilst we were eating our lunch.  Taisia delighted some by actually waking up during the group, they were starting to think I just carried a doll around in the sling for attention ;)  

All in all it was a lovely day with lovely friends - as per usual, life just gets better and better.

1 comment:

  1. hello - sorry if this is an odd comment but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to finding local home-ed group meet?? I've tried google and only seem to be able to find American sites but also stumbled across your blog! Many thanks for any help you can give me!

    ReplyDelete