Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ho hum and diddly dum...

I have to laugh at myself sometimes (ok, a lot of the time...) I'm such a failure!  I challenge myself to write a blog post every day throughout August and how long does it last?  Erm, until August 2nd...!!!  In my defence, we have been a household of poorly bugs and I have been limiting my time on the computer.  I'm seeking less time in the virtual world and more time keeping it real.  I'm in search of my creative spirit, and am drawn back to sketching and painting, and my first love of mixed media.  I'll share my finished makes with you over the next few days, but for now here are a few quickie sketching's from my sketchbook...




We were really pleased to see that all five of our butterflies emerged healthy and happy from their chrysalis confines and on Wednesday we sent them off on their path to freedom (and hopefully happiness)...




Always such a special time.

On Wednesday we also headed out to Cockington Fayre with friends.  It was hot.  It was sooooo hot.  The Fayre was good, but of course very busy.  Me and mine don't do very well in big crowds, and the heat just exasperated us all the more.  We ended up eating an ice-cream and heading for home, unable to cope with it all.

There was a band playing, adding to a great country community atmosphere...


This was the view on our approach, it doesn't show the masses that were encased within those tented walls, nor the crowd that lurked on the other side...


All is peaceful, all is calm.  This is the "Horizon Cube" by artist Henry Bruce.  It's made of steel and aluminium with scratch patterned sides, suspended inside a cube tubular frame.  It has different reflections and light from each angle.  
 

 Callum and Chelsea made firm friends with our friends' doggy who came with us for the outing...


And, did you know that kids grow on trees?


Thursday was when the buggly boos really hit us and I struggled to stay awake!  I lost my voice, my throat was sore, and my body aching.  On Friday I was meant to be heading out for a mums night out meal, but had to call off as my body just said no thank you.  I was struggling to eat as each swallow was painful and I just wanted to sleep.
Meanwhile, Taisia continued her dentistry training...




  and warmed up her lips for a bit of trumpet playing...


whilst Joseph learnt what happens when your home-made ice lolly freezes to your tongue...*sigh*


I'm happy to report that we are pretty much back to 100% health wise now, and raring to set about another week, starting off with a day out with the local home-ed group tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. sorry you've been under the weather, sounds a nasty bug:: it was looking like such a lovely fun week til that point though! Wednesday was broiling wasn't it!

    Afraid we can't make it tomorrow as we are heading off to meet up with our camping friends and Monday is the only day we can get to see them, but hopefully we'll catch up another time soon. Enjoy the ponies - bet you end up wanting to bring one home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel like a failure. It's always good to keep things real.... That's what I've been doing a lot of lately too. Although I'll admit it's easier to do in the summer LOL

    The Christian Unschool
    http://www.TheChristianUnschool.com

    ReplyDelete