Monday, September 26, 2011

A bit on the unusual side...

This post will be a bit different to those that you have been reading of late.  Why?  Because it will be short and have no photos!  Is that a sigh of relief I hear and a smile I see?  Tut! :))
Today we went along to Decoy Park in Newton Abbot with the Teignbridge and Torbay home-education group.

The weather was warm - a little on the dull side, but dry.  By the end of the meet, it had been attended by 10 families, with a total of 22 children between them age ranging from 10 months to 15 years.  All played along in the play area seemingly happily with very little intervention from the adults.

I was oh so very tired.  Sunday night had been a tough one for me, with Taisia struggling with teething and totally unable to settle.  Just as she quietened at 4am, our dog started to get restless.  She was pacing around, trudging up and down the stairs - her claws tippety tip tapping on our downstairs laminate floor.  Not good.  I got up to see what was wrong.  The clock seemed to smirk as it proudly displayed 5am and I opened the door to let the dog into the garden.  I could barely keep my eyes open.   I headed on back to bed after locking up, and managed to doze off just before husband got up at 6.30am ready for work.  *sigh*

Despite my "mama needing sleep" look, we headed out to the park meet.  We spent 4 hours there.  4 whole hours for the children to explore the play equipment and still Callum asked if he could stay "just a little bit longer..."  Callum loved playing with "A" and proudly told his dad when he came home that A is the same age as him, quite a novelty for him so it seemed.

Not much went on once home - it was 4pm-ish after all.  I cut up veggies and made a stew, tried to nap on the sofa whilst Taisia did the same, had Callum almost sit on my head (by accident I hasten to add) so promptly decided to wake up quick smart and play on the Wii with him and Tiegan instead.

I'm hoping that a nice relaxed evening will follow - nature journal planning and reading please.

I'd like to order a good nights sleep too :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just wanted to say that yYour part of the UK sounds like there is a lot going on with HE Groups which is fantastic - might have to move to Devon :-)

    ReplyDelete