Monday, September 12, 2011

*Sings* Monday Monday....

Another day of 2011 done and dusted.  I can't believe we are in September already and that *shhh, dare not say it* "C" word is nearly upon us.  I'm thinking of challenging myself to a "Handmade Christmas" this year, making as many gifts as I can for my kiddo's, just buying a few things that they really want from the ever-so-busy-at-that-time stores.  Anyone up for joining me in the handmade challenge?  Would be great to have a few fellow bloggers along for mutual support and inspiration.

What's an even scarier than Christmas creeping up for me at the moment though is that my little baby will be a fully fledged one year old next month.  Just how did that happen? Surely it's not possible!  I am so blessed to have her living with us and bringing so much joy into our lives on a daily basis.  Her smile, her giggles, her fun-loving character and bountiful curiosity makes her a real pleasure to have around - until she gets tired, and niggly, and moany, and needy - usually at the end of the day (read as 11pm quite often) when I'm also feeling tired, and niggly, and moany, and needy...then I have to take deep breathes and remember how special my gorgeous girl is and how she won't be a needy little person for long.  Then I smile and pull her close, putting aside any thought of what I actually wanted to do - usually blogging, artwork or reading.  At the moment it's knitting taking up my spare time, I've got two woolly creations for Taisia on the go (She'll be married by the time they are finished at this rate, last night I managed one single row before highness started fretting).   I should re-connect with Ravelry again to share my progress.

**Note to self** I wouldn't be without her and the good bits far outweigh the not so good bits.

Moving on...

Our Mondays are usually one of our favourite days of the week.  Our local home-education group meet up on a Monday and we try to get along to most meetings.  Today we were heading to Dartington Hall to have a wander around the gardens. 

Our first issue was that Joseph wasn't out of bed - literally up to 20 minutes before we were due to leave the house.  This was followed by the search for the sat nav.  I had NO idea where the hall was or how to get there, not even a vague idea as it's not an area I know or travel to very often.  Thinking I knew where the sat nav system was kept, I hadn't bothered either checking or asking husband.  Big mistake.  It took 20 minutes or so to find it, meaning we left far later than planned, and got stuck in traffic on route - not a good start but it was so worth it.

It is a beautiful place! 


It was our first ever visit, but we all want to go again, even Callum said he wants to return!
There were sculptures scattered around the ground...



Friends with whom to chat, walk and play with...


Faces hidden of those without permission to post.

Grounds to explore...
(do you know how difficult it is to keep children from whizzing down these "steps" -it was requested we didn't allow them to go on them).



Trees to climb inside...

 Beauty to behold!


 Various fungi to transfix and study...






My gorgeous gang to photograph...




Laurel and Hardy anyone? lol
I love Tiegan's hat!

And two teenage zombies....

 

We were so lucky with the weather, it didn't rain once whilst we were out.  After the absolute downpour I had been witness to at 6.45am whilst dropping husband off at work, we were very fortunate to stay dry.  Even the sun came out to join us briefly. 

We came home and had a quick clean and tidy up before making Oat and Blueberry muffins...


and vegetable lasagne (read as a throw everything in to try to use it up lasagne, including leeks, marrow chunks, onion, peppers, carrots, celery, kidney beans, and cauliflower).  It (perhaps surprisingly) tasted oh so good!  ALL of the kids complimented it and thanked me.  Success :)

Tomorrow we have our target bedroom afternoon - cleaning, tidying, hoovering and changing bed linen.  In the morning we shall be making butter from cream, baking a giant cupcake, making bread, setting up a blog for Tiegan, starting a new nature journal and whatever else bestowed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment