Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What d'ya mean I'm no longer superwoman?!?!

Alas, today is a sad day in Pollard towers.

I am having to put away my unflattering silver lurex over the trouser underpants and edged with gold glitter deluxe model cape, and confess to the entire blog reading nation...


~ I AM NO LONGER SUPERWOMAN ~

Now, whether or not I was ever superwoman in the first place is a different post entirely, but today I have been well and truly stripped of that lusciously lined with velvet topped with fake jewels crown.

I have had such a difficult day.  Compared to many people out there, and what they have to deal with on a daily basis, our day will have been utterly wonderful I admit.  But for me and mine, today was a difficult day.

I am not going to go into details of why, this blog isn't the place to lay blame and chastise, but I really feel as if I have been to that not so pleasant sounding hot place down below and dragged myself back, ruining my fingernails in the process.

I have had to come to terms with the fact I cannot do everything.  No matter how hard I try (and I am a real try hard, honest I am!) there are times I should just admit defeat and put the kettle on.

And eat chocolate.

This morning my to-do list consisted of cleaning the bathroom, peeling potatoes, printing out various items to take to home-ed group, and sort out the laundry.  Obviously as well as this list I have the daily tasks to complete - changing nappies and other routine baby care, helping sort breakfast, washing dishes, feeding animals, hoovering and mopping, packing bags for going out for the day, picking up the hundred toys which all jumped out of their toy box home at exactly the same time to decorate our floor all by themselves - as they do frequently - and... you get the idea.

I also planned to leave the house by 10.30am.

You can stop laughing now.

I struggled.
I huffed and puffed, and struggled some more.

Trying to do three things at once AND attempting to persuade a curious and oh so beautiful but bloomin' determined bubba that she really doesn't need to eat the dog biscuits from it's bowl / swing from the cat's tail / pick the dog's nose / poke out her own eye / poke out the nearest furry friends eye / *insert one of 500 other options here*  is pretty much tiddly poop poop impossible.  I offered bribes - food, toys, things that make oh so annoying noises but bubba's usually love them, even TV (Don't look at me like that, I was desperate ok?!) - but nope, nothing quite satisfies a wee person's soul as much as the latest I know I shouldn't do it but it's oh so much fun craze.

No one came to my assistance.  They just left me, hanging off the cliff, fingers twitching and ground crumbling, clutching Taisia under my arm.

Later than planned, we still headed out to the home-ed group.  I had packed my foul mood in my bag to come along for the ride with me.  It whinged and whined in the car (captive audience), and squirmed as hugs and apologies were offered in the car park when we arrived.

Home-Ed group was good, the drive to Exeter was worth it.  I didn't get a huge amount of time for a relaxing natter this week, Taisia certainly kept me on my toes with her speed-crawling.  She did pause for breath on a couple of occasions, so I captured this one for future posterity...

And I am just going to sit here and watch for a little while
And I am just going to see here and watch the world go by...
 Whilst Callum enjoyed exploring and climbing...

  callumclimbing

The car journey home wasn't pleasant, with the engine cutting out around 8 times en route.  Not good, not good at all.  I hope it sorts itself out soon.

We did get home though (yay go me!) and I had a cuppa, had a whinge and a whine, cooked dinner, washed dishes, and looked after bubba.  Just before 11pm bubba finally settled to sleep and I decided as I no longer have my superwoman crown, my little bit tarnished halo will have to do...

OK, so I'm no superwoman, but I am hanging on to my housewife halo!

2 comments:

  1. To me you'll always be superwoman, hun! Simply because through all the responsibilities, chores and hiccups, you invariably are a cheerful and beautiful soul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hugs, sounds like a really tough day. Hope things improve. (and for what it's worth, I've been in a dreadful mood for most of the past week, and have been behaving horribly - I appear to have packed my bad mood in my handbag and have carried it everywhere with me, so your little family should consider itself lucky it was only the one day!!

    ReplyDelete