Monday, February 27, 2012

Eggs and Gardens...

I was feeling really low this morning, and wasn't really sure what to do with myself.  Fortunately I had already made plans which I was determined to keep, so all I had to do is give myself a shake and remind myself that I am in control of how I feel and today I wanted to feel happy!

Home-ed group today was a funny experience for me as I only had two girlies in tow.  We headed out to Trago Mills, near Newton Abbot to meet up with friends.  Once again it was a quiet group, but a thoroughly enjoyable one.  The children explored the play areas, watched peacocks stroll around strutting their stuff, chatted together and generally seemed to be having an ok time of it.

We walked around the animal section, which seems to be ever growing.  We heard parrots mimicking whistles, saw pot bellied pigs enjoying their food, and watched Angora bunnies frolic in the fresh air.

Taisia enjoyed "hanging with the gang"...


We saw these eggs, presumably laid by a first time mama as they were out in the open with no nesting material or shelter, right next to a public pathway.


Being in close contact with grazing ponies so reminds me of childhood.  I whiled away many a happy hour sitting in the pony field. *sigh*


I took this photo for our nature journal, wanting to show the sky colouration and bareness of trees.  We saw frogs and frog spawn in the water.


We had warm drinks in one of the caf√©'s, and then went on to explore the garden designs in Trago's garden centre.

Taisia was intrigued by the huge fountain...


I was surprised that she didn't venture closer.  She usually tries to climb into the water.

It was the first time I had been around the garden area and it was really nicely laid out.  There are various garden themes, all by different designers.

We really liked the canal one...


The Italian White Garden had a really peaceful feel to it...


I loved the Japanese garden, Taisia enjoyed tip tap tapping on the bridge, and stood for a while just enjoying watching the water flow underneath it.


Don't you just love strolling around and seeing visions of beauty such as these...


We got home around 3pm and Taisia had a snooze.  She had walked almost all day and had obviously worn her little legs out.  When she woke up we had a singing and instrument session.  She loves her wooden maracas very much...



She can almost sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, bless her.  Her other favourite song is Row the Boat.

Our nature table is starting to look a little less bare already...


I bought the small easel from Trago for just over a pound and thought it perfect for adding pictures or holding books that struggle to stand up alone.  I've also popped a pretty flower into the ever so pretty cup and saucer.


The cup and saucer were a charity shop find.  I paid next to nothing for it, but do love it so.  I will have to try to take a better picture during daylight.

2 comments:

  1. The nature table looks lovely, will have to sort out something for a bare corner at the top of the stairs.

    I love your previous post, it has given me plenty of food for thought.

    Two blog posts in one day is that a record for Pollard Towers methinks?!!!

    Hugs San xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a lovely bright nature table. loving all the animals and pretty flowers in this post. spring is so very close!!

    ReplyDelete