Friday, March 16, 2012

Urgh! Enough already!

We have been hit by the cold bug again.  Urgh!

First Taisia, then Lee (husband), then me, then Callum, and it's just tickling Tiegan with a "It's your turn next little lady" kinda teasing presence.

I don't like it.

Yesterday was a really mean day.  I felt yucky.

Clearly Taisia felt worse as it was none stop clinginess and tears - not at all like my little bubba.  Every time I got up to do something her little arms would reach up and she would say "Up, Up, Pleaaaaassseeeee!"

Trying to pull the bin up the drive to the roadside, squash down the milk bottles, sort out the tins from the glass jars and put them in separate boxes for collection, then lifting said boxes to the kerb isn't easy whilst carrying a not so light any more 16 month old.  That was lesson number 1 first thing yesterday morning.

It is made even more unpleasant in the rain.

*sigh*

There were lots of deep breaths and "Just remember she isn't feeling well..." moments yesterday.  I must admit to holding my head in my hands on more than one occasion and just wishing for peace.  My nose was streaming, my breathing hampered, my body aching, and the bubba whinging background music wasn't helping.  There were times when I just couldn't settle her, I don't think she knew what she wanted herself.

At one point during a nappy change I was expecting the police at the door.  Seriously.  Taz was screaming.  Very loudly.  Incredibly loudly.  All whilst twisting and turning her little body in all sorts of weird manoeuvres I don't think I have ever seen the human body twist in before.  My heart went out to her, but there was also a part of me that just wanted to scream "For goodness sake just stay still and shut the f**k up!"

I didn't.

But I wanted to.

Then I got a text from husband.

"I've got a rash on my arms, work have asked for photographs.  Will let you know what gets said."

Oh.

After lots of waiting around whilst various agencies were called, husband gets told to go to hospital in Plymouth.

More waiting.

The nurse thought that the rashes (on both arms and progressing to one leg, rather severe looking and incredibly itchy), were caused by a reaction to a chemical husband had been using at work.  She told him to wait to see the doctor to be sure though, but the car park ticket ran out, and husband had no money to renew it so he had to leave with instructions to go to our local hospital on his return home.

So that was our evening planned.

The children had dinner, Tiegan went to Brownies, Lee and I had dinner when he got home from work, I moaned about my day, he moaned about his day, we got in the car and went to the hospital.

Lesson number 2.  Entertaining a crabby and obviously not feeling well 1 year old in a car for well over an hour, when you are not so hot yourself, at 9pm at night when you have been up since 6 is no fun.

Oh well.  Guess it's called keeping it real.

On a good note, the teens did remember to go and pick Tiegan up from Brownies.

Today dear life, please be kind.  No more snotty noses to wipe, no more tears, no more "I don't know what I want but I'm going to scream about wanting it anyway" tantrums to deal with, and definitely no more hanging around hospitals.  I've got a supermama reputation to keep ya know!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness what a rough day.....sending lots of hugs your way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I am so with you on the sentiments! I woke up too with a cold tickling to emerge, at the moment I'm trying to kill it with chilli, garlic and ginger. Hope everyone is feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete