Friday, April 13, 2012

Music with Mummy, new classes starting in Torquay


I have decided to take Taisia along to a 'Music with Mummy' class in Torquay, just to see what she thinks.  Taisia absolutely adores music and singing.  She will merrily dance along to any tune that she hears, be it rock, pop, classical or nursery rhymes.  If there is no music available, she will start to sing and can often be heard la la laa-ing as we walk down the country lanes around the village.  

I love it.

I don't know if Taz will like the Music with Mummy classes, but I thought I'd give them a go.  The first session is seen as a taster class and is free of charge to attend.  

Anais, the lady that is setting up the Torquay classes has sent me this information.  I have posted it here with her permission. 


A LIVELY APPROACH TO MUSIC FOR THE PRE-SCHOOL CHILD. MUSIC WITH MUMMY IS GREAT FUN! - 7000 TODDLERS CAN'T BE WRONG
Mission
My aim is to introduce music to pre school children in a fun, but structured way. Having attended Music With Mummy classes with my son, I have seen the benefits first hand. He has really thrived and has learnt social skills, patience and lots of different themes for example stop and start, loud and quiet and much more.

The songs are a mixture of nursery rhymes, traditional songs and original songs especially composed for Music with Mummy.

Sessions will last for 45 minutes approx. and will be limited to 8 children (accompanied by an adult) in each group. Each session will cost £3.75 per child, payable half-termly in advance (6 week block = £22.50 or 7 week block = £26.25). There are reductions for twins and siblings: and a 6 week block for two children will cost £36.00.. * Babies up to the age of 18 months attending the same class with an older sibling can come free of charge.
Description
MUSIC with MUMMY is a structured programme of weekly classes for children aged three and under. Its main aim is to teach basic aspects of music to young children, while having fun. Each half term the children are introduced to a different learning concept through a new theme. The material has been specially composed to gently direct these very young children towards our clearly defined objectives.

I will be starting my classes on Thursday 19th April at 10.30am at The Rainbow Funhouse and at 1pm at The Redhouse hotel in Chelston.

Your first class will be free, with no obligation to continue. If you like what you see, you simply pay for the 6 weeks, rather than 7, the following week.

If I have a lot of interest I am more than happy to recommend the nearest Music with Mummy classes. There is also a possibility that I will run more classes including Jolly Babies which is for 0-1 year olds. If the demand is there, I am more than happy to cater for your needs.

I can also provide my sessions to nurseries, pre schools, children's centres. If you want something different for your little ones birthday party, consider Music With Mummy! Lots of singing and dancing fun for all the children!


If anyone is interested in finding out more, Anais can be contacted by 
clicking here for her email address. 

No comments:

Post a Comment