Monday, April 16, 2012

We don't get that Monday morning feeling!

Mondays are our home-ed group meeting days.  We usually very much enjoy them, even more so when the sun is shining.  Today the sun shone, but there was still that spring chill in the air - we aren't quite at the 'don't bother with your coats' stage yet.

The meeting today was at Cockington, in Torquay.  It's one of my favourite local places to visit.  I really really wanted to do something with my hair before we went though - hating the pale blue, almost greyish in parts, tinge to it.  Did I mention I've cut it again?  Yep, out came the scissors for a good ol' chop chop chop the other day.  I've gone for the short at the back, longer sides look and I love it.  Lots.  So I needed to re-colour it too, obviously.  And clearly the best time to do this is when you are meeting friends in around an hour, out and about, walking in public, clearly never even considering that it could go horribly wrong.

Fortunately it didn't.

Fortunately I like the outcome.

I mixed two colours together, wanting to use up part-used dyes we already had at home to save money on buying more.  So today, this is me...


Confident with the fact that I liked my hair (and it's only my opinion that matters after all), we headed on out to the HE group meet.  After a slow start (seems running late was in the air today!), we had a lovely time.  We had taken along some bread in the hope of seeing the resident ducks, and guess what? They were actually there!  Cue happy children and some rather enthusiastic bread throwing...


We hid amongst the beautiful blossoms...


Took time far way to chat with friends...(that's Tiegan with the pink hat on).


Scampered up muddy banks...


Played hide and seek...


Ran around to keep warm...


Found rather larger than usual sticks to carry (I won't mention the battering ram...)


Pretended to grow on trees...

and explored...


We noticed the differences between the various plants, trees and situations.  Some were still bare with nothing to share with us...


whilst others had beautiful blossoms screaming at us to take notice....



Some of the girls were gathering fallen blooms from the floor as they went merrily on their way, I've got quite a pretty bowl full looking at me as I type.

Once again little Taisia was well and truly in control, wandering off where she wished to and very much trying to be part of the 'big kids' gang.  She attempted to climb up the same muddy banks and trees that they did, but when it came to this big and oh so beautiful beast, I think she was a little overawed by it's size...


It wasn't long after that photo was taken, that Taisia was back in my arms and fast asleep!  Oh boy she sure is heavy when she is sleeping - going all floppy like a rag doll like.  This meant that I didn't feel able to stay around for as long as I had planned to, deciding instead to head back to the car so my poor arms could rest.

We had a very quick (and lazy) lunch of egg noodles...


A certain little lady seemed to rather enjoy them - I'm not sure if it was their taste she liked or just the novelty value of playing with something worm like!  Definitely a snack to reserve for the high chair in future me thinks - we shall be finding soggy strings in between the sofa cushions for a while yet I fear.

Tonight we had home-made pizza's (cheating, using french style baguettes instead of home-made dough bases).  They were rather yummy.


I'd even managed to make three bread puddings, so that sorted dessert.  Blimey, we went out, I baked, hoovered and mopped the downstairs floors,  AND managed to put the clean laundry away - I'm turning into quite a domestic goddess I fear!

Will have to try to put that right tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the bright new hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your hair!! A fantastic success!! :)
    Looks like a fab Monday to me. x

    ReplyDelete