Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A whole new me...

Well, that's not strictly true, but it sure feels like it.

Have you noticed the new photo over
<------------------------------------ there?

This morning, just before we were due to go out to home-ed group (why? Why do I do it to myself? Talk about pressure...) I decided that I needed to do something with my hair.  Brush it? Wash it?  Nah, don't be daft, that's just normal.  I needed to cut it - all of it - right off.

Armed with scissors, hair shaver/clippers and a mirror, I set to work.

Gulp.

Firstly I just chopped and hacked away, and it looked awful.  I felt scared and started to think I had made a mistake of gigantic proportions.  I had to go out very soon and started thinking about which hat to wear.  But  I didn't let the panic take over and instead pressed on and reached for the hair shavers that belong to my husband.  Starting off with a number 6 guard on the blade, the shaver buzzed away and clumps of hair dropped to the floor with each stroke.

Eeek, there seemed to be ever such a lot!

Still I pressed on, I had to have the courage to finish what I'd started.

More seconds ticked by, the number 6 blade guard was replaced by a number 4.  I guided it over my head, more hair fell to the floor.  I looked in the mirror and there was a moment of "Oh no, what have I done? What am I doing?!"  I continued - the damage was already done, I had very little hair left.

Cross with myself for being like a bull in a china shop and just rushing on in without much thought, I took a good look.  Surprisingly (VERY surprisingly) I liked what I was seeing.  I asked the teens if it looked ok at the back where I couldn't see, they said it was fine.

I smiled.

I smiled some more.

A new me was born and I LOVE it.

Dress courtesy of The Frockery.




I had to share the picture of my nails - the colours make me so happy.  I love the ring too and wish I knew where I had got it from.  It's my perfect size and that's unusual to find as I have very skinny fingers!

Now I feel like a new gal  A brand new gal with a new shiny outlook.  I feel free.  I have a new found confidence.  I feel fabulous.  Amazing what something so simple as a new hair-do can do to uplift your world.

Home-Ed group was as enjoyable as always.  The children really enjoyed spending time with their friends and I enjoyed having great conversations in between chasing and entertaining Taisia.  Joseph took his guitar with him this week and people were kind enough to show him how to tune it properly, re-string it and basic chords.  He is loving the learning journey he is on and I'm really proud of his commitment. 

Before I head off to bed, I shall share with you a few more pictures from our Dartmoor trek on Sunday.

We hunted for bugs...


and wondered whose silly idea it was to put wooden things in the middle of the forests, she wasn't impressed...


We picked flowers for mama...


and splashed in puddles...


and we felt very pleased with ourselves for doing so...



We stumbled across neatly stacked cut log piles...


which of course were too tempting to just leave alone, they definitely needed exploring...


then resting upon...


We looked ultra cute and melted many hearts along the way with our butter wouldn't melt expression...


and it was decided that bright pink wellies and stripy socks are THE only footwear to be seen wearing on the Moors...


We had fun and fab shoulder rides from daddy, but then begged to be cuddled and carried by mama...


and of course, we rested and looked utterly gorgeous...



before being blown around the wind...


We will definitely be returning very soon, we do love it so.

Right, need to head off to bed as we are visiting friends tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Love the hair cut and colour. I have done the same so many times. I love the fresh feeling of newly cut short hair. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think short hair for you is the way to go!! Totally fab and it shows of your lovely face and smile even more.

    Kudos to you for having the courage to cut your own hair, that is something I could never do!!

    San xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new hair cut :) It really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete