Friday, June 01, 2012

Whizzity Whizz, Whizzity Whizz...

My life is whizzity whizzing on by.  All the days seem to be blurring into one and I'm losing track of what I'm meant to be doing.  I am behind in so many things, feeling bad about falling behind with swaps and groups I've committed to (I am determined to follow things through though, I won't let anyone down), and am desperately trying to organise everything - from our daily routines through to finances.  Bah.

Sometimes it feels all too much.

But then...

I take a moment to think.

I take a moment to reflect on my blessings, to see the smiles on the faces of my children, and realise that I'm actually doing ok.

Life is good.

So good in fact, I'm going to share a few moments and (more than a few) photographs of our recent days with you.  Aren't you lucky?

The weather here in Devon has just been superbly wonderful.  We have had glorious sunshine, which has obviously meant us spending lots of time outdoors (and away from screens, yay!!)

Taisia had her first taste of a paddling pool, and seemed to quite enjoy it...



Dear Harry thought it was slightly too hot and sought shade wherever he could...


Callum was clearly enjoying himself...




 Whilst Tiegan just looked beautiful...


and practised her somersaulting on the trampoline...


 Miss Taisia just enjoyed the sound of her own voice...


I tried desperately to get Joseph to smile for a photograph, but this is what I got instead...


Charming.

We had our first Barbeque of 2012...


and Taisia really didn't get the idea of what the food covers were for...


Kira the doggy was very happy to have us all outside all day...


And dear Harry decided to find a spot in the jungle to cool off...


We finally got around to using our National Trust membership.  At last!  Can you believe that we joined the NT last August and hadn't used them until last weekend?  Shocking waste I know, but hey ho.  We went along to Lydford Gorge on Dartmoor.  We have never been there before, and WOWZER, it quickly became one of our favourite places.







The 90ft White Lady Waterfall






















A beautiful place huh?  Not for the faint hearted though, some of the paths are mightily narrow and the stairs uneven.

In other news, the Couch to 5K training is going fine and dandy.  That's not to say it's been easy, oh no ma'am, but the regime has been stuck to so go me!  Yesterday saw the completion of Week 2, so on Saturday we shall start on Week 3, that sounds tough - it's a leap from running for 90 seconds through to 3 minutes!  I'm sure to be huffing and puffing after that!

We are desperately trying to sort ourselves out financially.  I'm usually really shy about our financial situation as it's not something I'm proud of, but I figure I should be honest as I'm sure there are others in the same situation.  Over the years we have built up a debt of around £8000, all credit-cards and catalogues.  I'm afraid we were very much buy now think later people - I blame immaturity.  We now think about money very differently, but have to make up for our mistakes.  We applied for a debt consolidation loan but got turned down.  Darn it.  We are currently paying just over £500 per month on what we owe, the loan would have been £197 per month, it made sense to apply for it, but we don't 'meet the criteria' so bah humbug we are still paying £300 more than we would have - that's frustrating.

We shall just have to be more inventive with our saving and money making schemes huh?  Our goal is to move somewhere new, so that is a great incentive to keep us going.

I feel really lucky that my gang are really happy to just be with each other and enjoy the outdoors.  We are fortunate in having plenty of outside spaces to enjoy around the area, most of which are free or just the cost of the car park.

For the Monday home-ed group this week we had a great few hours at Haldon Forest, then on Tuesday we spent a few hours down our little local park and playing field...


I love my son, always up for making people smile :)


My beautiful girls xx

Asking brother 'Jo Jo' for a hug.






Now the weather is getting warmer, we are planning on making the most of the great outdoors and saving a few pennies that way.

Today we are off out to a National Trust property with a home-ed group, should be a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Such lovely pictures and a beautiful family. We too are in a similar financial position and trying hard to budget etc to work our way out of it...with some success. Just a shame we are all paying out so much monthly when it would ease the pressure to have a single lower payment. Still we just have to try and make the most of what we have. Luckily here in sunny kent we have plenty of free amazing local parks and the museum etc to make use of. I love reading your blog as it inspires me to think that large families can be done with HE and without a lottery win.....which will please my hubby no end x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, lovely photos as usual. Hope you get your finances sorted, know how you feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so breathtaking! You live in such a gorgeous country! I would love to visit there one day. Your family is beautiful as well. I love your blog! Very interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just voted! Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll vote for you love. Love this blog, like Europe getting a look in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and you are now at 22 , not 42 Yay!

    ReplyDelete