Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Loving the sunshine...

I woke up this morning with a renewed vigour and enthusiasm, not sure why, but I just wanted to start taking lots of photos to document our days - just like I used to.

We have had a really good day - a fun-filled, enjoyable, spontaneous, relaxed go-with-the-flow sort of day, AND we stayed at home, which I think was much needed.

Callum started his day searching for Skylander videos on YouTube.  He is planning to make his own video to share so was looking at what works and what doesn't from a viewers perspective...


Chelsea read through (again) the guidebook from A La Ronde, a National Trust Property that we visited with friends at the weekend...


Yes I know she is wearing two different outfits on today's posting, the girl got changed ok?

What?  I didn't share the pictures from A La Ronde?  Oh dear, that must be rectified quick smart me thinks...





Heart Melting Hug Moment



We loved the seeds of the Monkey Puzzle Tree!

Back to our Wednesday!

The sun has shone (could get used to this!) again, and so much of our time today has been spent in the garden.







Chelsea was having a making list day.  She made a list about her blogging plans (very exciting to see her plans and ideas evolving), and she listed people she could contact regarding work experience opportunities.


She went on to compose a letter regarding the latter.

Meanwhile Joseph was happy playing on Guitar Hero...


and then on the real thing (his pride and joy at the moment!)



The three of us had an amazing conversation about religion and beliefs, which covered everything from Judaism through to Scientology,  and Buddhism through to Paganism.  Thought provoking, and always interesting to hear just what my teens think and what they are interested in.

One of the best moments of the day was when my gorgeous husband came home.  I had been keeping it hush hush on here, but we have been husband and fatherless for 2 nights/3 days.  Now we are all back together again and all is well with my little bubble :)

Of course, we couldn't just let him sit down and relax now he was home could we?  Noooooo.  We got him putting up one of the two new tents to see how easy it was (with Joe's help)  :)


Whilst I had the much more pleasurable task of watching the littlies in the paddling pool...


We do have a HUGE 12 man tent, the dome type that has the bedroom pods at the edges.  It is far too big to put up in the garden as the apple tree gets in the way.  We have bought two smaller tents for quick trips away, and for the kids to use in the garden.


Guess where the kids are sleeping tonight?

Dear Taisia wasn't sure what to make of it...


Hama-Beading seemed to play a big part of our day, starting off with Callum...


He was then joined by the another blonde...


and little lady wanted a go too...


Once the tent was up, the hama-beading antics were moved inside it - urg-oh!

It started off well...


but soon descended into fun but messy chaos thanks to a certain little lady...


But it was ok, because after the 4th (deliberate) tip over of the box, Taisia felt the need to help clean up...


Bless her.

Along with learning how to make a mess and tidy up (and how hama beads jump when you hit the ground sheet with a brush), Taisia also learnt how to give her mama a heart attack...


(Obviously splodge placed to protect a little lady's modesty!)

Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, Taisia can now climb - high - without fear.  Argh!  Ho-hum, we are all having to be on full alert now.

I shall leave you all with two of my favourite ever pictures taken recently.  A not quite so active Taisia...


and what happens when you give her a Gruffalo Book...


LOVE

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have. Your pictures are really lovely too - it looks as though you've caught some terrific family moments in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your "My thoughts" tab at the top of your blog and I just wanted to say that I think you're an amazing lady. It can't have been easy to make the decisions you did but I'm sure your son will be forever greatful to get the education he deserves at home rather than trying to battle on with an education system which didn't suit him at school. I remember all too vividly what it was like to be bullied at school and the distress it caused not only for myself but for my grandparents (who were my legal guardians). It was an absolutely dreadful time in my life and I believe it held me back to the point where I left school as quickly as I could. Consequently I didn't earn my degree until last year at the ripe old age of 46. Whether your children go on to Higher Education or not, it doesn't matter, I'm sure you will have given them the the confidence they need to pursue a happy and creative life as they grow into adulthood. I would like to congratulate you and your husband - it can't be easy to work outside of the established system but you are dong an amazing job and being fantastic parents at the same time. I'm sure your children will remember their childhood with great joy. With love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab photos, looks like some very happy times x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful time you are all having! :) Would love to come play hama beads in the tent in your garden! :) Mel @ http://bridgesabridged.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete