Friday, September 14, 2012

So far so good...

Our 2012 caterpillars are growing well.  I think this is about the fifth time that we have done the butterfly life-cycle thing and I still get amazed at the caterpillars rate of growth.

Day 1...


Day 4...


Day 6...



Day 7...


Taisia is absolutely transfixed as she watches them crawling around their little tub.  She is such a gentle child when it comes to watching or handling creatures - small or large - just look at her with our new budgie Holly...



Hmm, I can't believe that my baby will be 2 years old on Halloween - do you recognise the dress?  It was last year's Halloween costume. Cute.

Today has been quite a busy one.  Chelsea was at college and she set out just after 7am to catch the bus.  The bus didn't stop at her request so then the dilemma was should she catch the next one and be late for college (in her first week, not a good look!) or for mama taxi to be put to use again so she gets there on time.  Of course we went for the latter, but it disrupted my whole plan for the day.  With the peak time traffic being what it was, I didn't get home until just after 9.30am.  I then had to have a quick clean and tidy up session before heading out for a quick visit to friends, stopping off to buy a cake to take along the way as I hadn't had time for the planned bake before leaving.  

My husband needed picking up from work after having a few days of working away, so that was the next job on the to-do list.  Chelsea called as we were making our way home - she had returned and I'd forgotten she hadn't got a key - whoops.

Note to self  **Must get the teens a key cut each this week**

Home, to find another membership sign up to the Classroom Free scheme.  This time it was from a lovely lady in New Zealand - our first international member!    I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to have such support from within the home-ed community.  We have reached 18 members and I've received positive feed-back.  I am working on some new files to upload to the members area over the weekend and have announced the first giveaway date - Monday 17th September, at 8pm.  All paid up members are automatically placed into the draw via their membership numbers.  The first item that's up for grabs is a brand spanking new, never read before copy of John Holt's book, Learning all the Time.

On Sunday 30th September at 8pm, there will be a second giveaway draw for members.  This time on offer is a new set of the Usborne Card Set 100 Insects to Spot.  Again, paid up members are automatically entered via their membership number. 

The first Classroom Free newsletter will be sent out on October 1st.

Busy busy busy.

Whilst I have been sorting out all of this I've had cuddles with Taisia as she tries to 'help' mama on the computer.  She loves pressing buttons, and they are erm, not always the right ones!  Tiegan and Callum have played out in the garden, making the most of a dry(ish) day.  They did some chalk drawings, jumped on the trampoline and apparently tipped the toy box out of the shed all over the floor.

Joseph has been researching career choices again.  It wasn't all that long ago that he fancied being a Forensic Scientist.  He looked into the courses and what qualifications he needed and seemed to be pretty enthusiastic about it all.  Now it appears he may be thinking along the lines of a career in Law.  More research.  The beauty of Home-Ed, it's adaptable :o)

This evening has consisted of me playing the mama taxi role and taking the teens to their youth club.  Once again a great time was had as per usual and they returned home buzzing.  I have lots of things I need to do tonight so I'm hoping that little lady feels the need to sleep sometime soon.  It was way after midnight yesterday, and now it is quarter to.  My eyes are feeling tired so I'm not sure how productive I will be even after she has closed hers....

No comments:

Post a Comment