Monday, December 03, 2012

Not to plan...

Another nice day has passed for the Pollards.  Lee started a new job and his first day went well, whilst the rest of us just hung around at home doing various chores.

The first chore of the morning was the hunt for Freckles the Fairy when it was noticed she wasn't in her bed. It was easy to find her today as our little friend had decided to attempt to play the piano...


I then went up to the attic room to give it a tidy and clean.  I had a little helper apparently...

Poor baby having to scrub the floor!!!
To put your mind at rest, I must just say that she wasn't really scrubbing the floor.  Instead she had taken her self off into the bathroom, retrieved a bar of soap, and set about drawing on the attic floor with it - using it rather like chalk.  She also thought it tasted quite nice...


*shudder*

In the afternoon we had another baking fest, making our (what is this now, fifth batch?) of mince pies and trialling a Nutella cake recipe.  The mince pies were a huge success as always and the 24 made were all eaten this evening - nothing stays around for long in this house!  Meanwhile, Taisia discovered the Nutella...

No Mama, I haven't been eating chocolate, honest!
Oh ok, you caught me.  Maybe I have had just a little...
Would be much better if you could just drink this stuff...
Fortunately we had another jar of Nutella for the cake mixture!

Please ignore her self inflicted leg 'tattoos'.  A bath is clearly needed!

Sadly the Nutella cake wasn't a huge success although I'm not sure how much of that was down to the fact the oven turned off twice during the bake.   I think I'll attempt it again when we have a more reliable cooking source.  Not surprisingly though really in a household full of young people, it still managed to get eaten!

I spent my evening complaining.

Firstly due to a delivery that had failed to arrive when promised and secondly to BT as our phone line and Broadband aren't working correctly and I expect it has something to do with the very slack line that swings around in the wind and gets caught up in the tree branches.  Grrrr!

Still, living in the country we are blessed with so many things, I can't stay annoyed and frustrated for long :)

1 comment:

  1. aha, Dot (3) is not the only one to draw on her legs then!

    ReplyDelete