Saturday, March 09, 2013

Our very first hatching....

You can just imagine the sheer joy and excitement in the Pollard household caused by the discovery of this wonderful vision this morning...


Within half an hour we were witness to the most amazing sight as this little wet and tired bundle of stickyness emerged...


I can't begin to relate to you the buzz of anticipation that was in the air.

The children kept to-ing and fro-ing from the lounge to the incubator, keeping us fully informed of progress.  Intimate details of the hatching were shared - they could see it breathing, they glimpsed a feather, another chunk of shell burst off, they saw a beak - all spoken with a grin as wide as their faces and a voice quivering with excitement.  Oh how I would have loved to have experienced something so special when I was a child, and how joyful I am that I am in a position to offer that experience to mine.  

I shall of course keep you updated with the progress of young "Squidget", but for now I shall leave you with a video of our goat kids having a mad few moments of play...


1 comment:

  1. Crikey, you have been busy! I've been a bit lax getting round the blogring and you're back with a big bang :D

    ReplyDelete