Monday, July 15, 2013

Changes afoot...

I am going to be opening up the blog to guest bloggers and posts.  Those of you that know me around Facebook will already know that I have posted a few ideas on there regarding the direction in which this may take - and it follows on from a discussion with a few lovely ladies so I refuse to take all the credit for their wonderful ideas.

I know that there are more than a few home-educators out there who like the idea of having a blog but don't have the time, inclination, or perhaps feel they lack the technical know how to actually run one for themselves.  I would like to offer the Classroom Free blog up as a platform for such people.  Maybe you wish to share with us a fantastic home-ed day, or would like to tell people how you organise your day or decide on what to 'teach'. Perhaps you wish to offer a useful book or product review.   I'd really like this blog to become a voice of many instead of a one sided take on home-education.  I think it will become a far more valuable resource if we have others sharing how they do things instead of it being all about me and mine.  I have always said that there are so many ways and methods surrounding home-education and there are also such a wide variety of families walking along the same path.  I'd love to have contributions (one off or regular) from single parent home-educating families, those that work inside or out of the home alongside home-educating, large families, single child families, structured, autonomous, eclectic, exam studying, etc etc.

Of course if you already own a blog you are welcome to guest write here too, including links to your own writing space which will hopefully mean that you are able to boost your own blog readership.

The other thing I'd like to offer is the opportunity for home-educating working at home mamas to write a bit about themselves and a description of their business, complete with links etc, for me to place here by way of advertisement.  If you would like to share the story of how you got started, that would be even better, in the hope that it will inspire others to start up their own ways of earning money and combining it with home-ed.

I know in my head the direction I am wanting to take the Classroom Free blog and website but it's difficult to put into words exactly the how and why.  I think I could sum it up by saying that in the main I wish to support other home-educating families by whatever means I can.  This may be by providing a free-advertising facility for their business in order to help them financially retain their means of home-educating, or by offering a space of inspiration for those needing encouragement as they travel their own H.E path.

If you wish to write an article or become a regular (or not so regular) poster here on Classroom Free, I would welcome your input. Please get in touch so we can discuss it further, either via email, the contact form on the Classroom Free website, or Facebook.  I'd really love to collaborate with other HErs on this and am open to all ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see the posts from home educating, working at home mums. I work from home and at the moment my 3 year old goes to a montessori nursery a couple of mornings a week, but once he gets to the age of full-time school I would like to home educate him, if I can work out the balance x

    ReplyDelete