Friday, October 04, 2013

I have a confession to make...

For those of you I'm not connected with via Facebook, the news that I am about to reveal may come as quite a surprise.

I'd like to introduce you to our newest addition.

An addition in the form of our beautiful daughter Amara Rose.


Amara joined our family on Wednesday 2nd October, at 11.19am, weighing 7lb 5oz.  We had a home-birth as planned and all went well with two midwives in attendance.  It was as natural a birth as possible, with no pain relief and it was a truly joyous (but exhausting!).

She is an absolute little treasure and I am looking forward to watching her grow and blossom into her own little person.  For now she is a total snuggle bug, not liking any sort of bed other than being in somebody's arms.  


And me?  Well I am doing ok.  I will write a catch up post when time allows about everything that has been going on here of late, but for now I have a baby to cuddle and feed.

Love and blessings to all. 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely pics :) Babies are such a joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! Such a beautiful name. She looks so much like Chelsea in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge, huge congratulations! Welcome, wonderful Amara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise! Congratulations to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! that's wonderful news. congratulations to you all and welcome to the world little Amara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's beautiful. congratulations to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy days and wonderful blessings! You are truly lucky! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I am glad you got the birth you wanted, and Amara Rose is adorable. Enjoy the feeding and cuddling, we'll still be here later. May

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is, of course, utterly beautiful! Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Julia, well done, I was beginning to think something awful had happened but quite the opposite, and what an absolute little beauty, congratulations to yourself and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. Happy babymoon with your little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and so precious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh! I just love reading your blog and had been a little disheartened the past few weeks when I had come to havea read and there was nothing new to see, but this beautiful little bundle more than makes up for it! Congratulations!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total wowser!!! I must have missed your posting on facebook, congratulations and hugs.

    San xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations julia and family, welcome to the world Amara Rose. (lovely name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bloody hell, all I managed to produce this month was three pots of plum jam.

    Many congratulations Julia
    x

    ReplyDelete