Thursday, April 17, 2014

A full house once more....

It is so wonderful to have Chelsea home again.  The house is feeling complete again and I no longer feel as if I have a limb missing!   Obviously she isn't 100% well, it will be a long road to recovery and we are still seeking a diagnosis of the cause, but she is receiving lots of pampering and love and being at home seems to suit her.


I'm sure she will be rattling soon with the amount of medication she is needing to take...


but we do whatever it takes.

Although we have to stay at home a great deal, or at the very least remain close to home in order to keep an eye on Chelsea, it does feel as if we are slowly sneaking back into a routine and that is feeling really great.

Now we are not to-ing and fro-ing from the hospital, Amara is enjoying more quality time with mama again, and it seems she is rather happy about that...



Our caterpillars have arrived for our 2014 butterfly project.  Their rapid growth still amazes me!



Taisia has been enjoying playing the Ant Farm game...


and this morning she was chief egg collector and photograph poser...








whilst the guinea-pigs Topper and Nibbles posed beautifully as they came out for breakfast....


I've really enjoyed taking photographs again so I think I shall carry the camera around with me more.  If I've learnt anything from this experience of Chelsea being so ill, is not to take anything for granted and make the most of each and every day, something that I've often thought but it has been heavily reinforced.   I have learnt that it is also vitally important that I look after myself and that my own needs are met.  I didn't really realise just how important that was and I've always felt a little selfish to ask for 'me' time and do something I love.  I know now that if I don't look after myself and my own needs, I really struggle to fulfil my roll as a mama.  I feel emotionally drained, physically exhausted, and just generally running on low battery level.  I need to make time for me and for doing things I love and feel passionate about - photography, home-ed, website work, art, and nature :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics :) All that sunshine.... it looks idyllic. A big yes to finding a way to do the things that feed us <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post. So pleased Chelsea is home. Hasn't Amara grown up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. must be a relief to have Chelsea home again. And yes its so important to look after ourselves but often our needs get pushed to the bottom of the long todo list!!

    ReplyDelete