Sunday, March 08, 2015

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

There's been a whole lot of struggle going on.  Things have been tough, times have been tearful, and days have been difficult, but we must move forward now.  After days of going to bed tearful and waking up in tears I realise that isn't going to solve the situation and choices by others have been made and I have to deal with it in the best way I know how.

So, here I am, back in the saddle, ready for the new chapter in our lives.  A wise and wonderful friend has reminded me that I am trying to do too much, that I have my fingers in too many pies so to speak and I'm forgetting what it's like to just be a mum.  I need to rectify that asap as it is so very true.  I will be working on reconnecting with those beneath my wings and remembering that I am allowed to take a break and enjoy life too - it shouldn't always feel like an uphill battle.

Lee (dear husband) is still struggling with much pain due to the Sciatica, on oodles of medication, and finding working each day really tough going, but financially it's a must right now.  He has an appointment for a scan in a few weeks time and hopefully things will start moving in the right direction from then on in.

Meanwhile, I've been learning how to use this gorgeous thing...


Which I have been very fortunate to receive from my gorgeous husband.  We got a great deal on it and it will be a great help in building the sewing business I'm currently working towards.  For practice I have been making clothes for Taisia...

and Amara...


and will now focus on practising my skills and come up with designs to sell at craft fairs, independent boutiques, and online - if I can bear to use my gorgeous fabric stash for things for others and not keep all the gorgeous designs for my own children!

*Must let go, must let go, must let go!*

I am in the process of working out things I would like to achieve over the Spring and Summer months; places I'd like to visit, projects I'd like to work on, things I'd like to bake and make etc.  I think I really need some sort of plan, a structure to my day, in order to not feel completely overwhelmed by everything at this moment in time.  I feel that 2014 was very much focussed on the ill health of Chelsea and the implications of such.  I know that my other children were somewhat neglected timewise, and our home-education path has wavered off track a little.  The start of 2015 has been blighted by difficulties of which I cannot share here in public, but needless to say it has been a very hard slog and difficult road to tread.  I know that there will be much value in taking time out to reconnect as a family and put our struggles, upset and anger, well and truly to bed.  

I'll be sharing my plan, and how I'm organising things with you shortly.  For now though I have to go and check on dinner and see what everyone else is doing.  I very much hope that you will join me as we seek out the right path to follow and that we can support one another as we do so.  Things aren't always easy, but it's how we deal with them that's the difference between those that sink and those that swim.  


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time Julia. Whatever troubles you have I hope that you are able to overcome them and find joy and peace again. 2014 was a tough old year for our family. My husband and I had to live apart during the week for six months due to his work. We moved house (which was ridiculously stressful with our house sale falling through twice). I had a bout of depression and then to top it all off back in September my husband found out he was being made redundant. It threw everything into question: would we have to leave Devon so soon after moving to this beautiful place? Would we be able to continue Home Educating? Thankfully, he has found a new job in Torquay in the nick of time. So onwards and upwards for us too! Sending you love xxx

    ReplyDelete